1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

U.S. Peavey Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Sep 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 14, 2011
    Sales Development Manager NN Inc. - Polymet, USA manufacturer of fret wire
    So you are talking about thickness.....front to back right? Just want to be sure I understand.

2. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks! I'm really excited to get my hands on this bass. I usually play 5 strings but, for some odd reason, I really wanted one of these in a four.

TinIndian likes this.
  3. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Actually it was the same thickness but the body on the one I have is wider from bottom to top of body....bass in playing position. It was not much but I did notice it when the basses were side by side.

4. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I was working on a Foundation I bought off Reverb and the truss rod nut was rounded off from someone using the wrong size wrench or socket. I had trouble getting it off but finally managed after I heated the nut with my soldering iron. I called Shannon at Peavey but they did not have the nut in stock. I then went to the local guitar tech to get a new nut but he had none.

A little research and I found them online cheap so I will soon have some in stock and will be happy to send one to any of you that might need one in the future. It is the same nut Gibson uses.

tindrum, Raw N Low, JTbass44 and 2 others like this.
  5. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Yeah I know what you mean. I wanted the 4 with DeTuner 1st instead of the 5. I play both and bring 1 of each to every gig but I just wanted the 4 string 1st for some reason.

Raw N Low likes this.
  6. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Yep same size. I have a truss rod tool for a Gibson that I use if I need. The little routed channel is sometimes tough to get into but yeah, definitely Gibson stuff.

7. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Yeah, good idea. I had an import, ordered a US Mill preamp, direct drop-in. Was so worth it.

tindrum likes this.
  8. Same pickups so you got yourself a slim neck bolt on Cirrus :thumbsup:

9. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    And I gave it away. :( (family)

10. T40s are heavy !!!

Yeah right,tell that to Jonny Mathers. All 7' 2" of him :D

82260704_10158024316156983_2404859430068813824_o.jpg

tindrum, Giffro, mech and 4 others like this.
  11. Raw N Low

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    The bass makes him look tiny.

Giffro and JTbass44 like this.
  12. Console yourself with this thought. For a brief time you alone had the vision Peavey lacked :thumbsup:

JPaulGeddy likes this.
  13. And you'll tell him that, face to chest :roflmao:

Giffro and Raw N Low like this.
  14. Raw N Low

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Nope. Perfectly comfortable typing this behind my keyboard in a warm comfortable secured office with three easy to access exits.

15. Sensible approach my friend :D

Raw N Low likes this.
  16. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

You're speaking Klingon, but I think I know what you mean. If you do, you'd have customers here.

TinIndian likes this.
  17. mb94952

Agree 1000% percent. The Cirrus and Milli preamp (mostly Cirrus to me) is perfection. I've used it and VFL's on $2,000 custom builds and they sound KILLER !!!!

18. mb94952

Agree 1000% percent. The Cirrus and Milli preamp (mostly Cirrus to me) is perfection. I've used it and VFL's on $2,000 custom builds and they sound KILLER !!!!

songwriter21 likes this.
  19. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    You can say that again!

20. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    The Palaedium that came today weighs 8 pounds 11.5 ounces. It cleaned up better than I expected it to. I put a fresh set of D'Adarrio XL's on it and did a set up and it plays great and sounds wonderful indeed. This thing really can sound a lot like a jazz bass with the bridge PU soloed but with no hum.

The Foundation that also arrived today had a buggered up truss rod nut so it is sitting in the next room until a replacement nut arrives. I will shoot some photos of the Palaedium tomorrow when the sun is up.

21. If you do this -Please sign me up for two of them!!