1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

uber electronics overhaul!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Nick Ioannucci, May 3, 2006.

1. ok so hears the deal. Im going to soon be ordering new pick ups for my MIM fretless jazz(fender SCN) along with a BAII and i figured hey i know how to solder and i dont like my current set up. so this is what i would like to do. i am going to completely shield the bass(no help needed there) and change the V/V/T to V/Blend/T, add a DPDT switch for series/parallel and possibly a cut off toggle switch. pretty much, although i have experience with wiring things(my dads an electrician) i dont have any experience with audio. i know im going to need a dpdt switch a blend pot(?) an SPDT switch and copper shielding tape. so it would be great if you guys(wonderful guys at that) could provide me with a wiring diagram and what type of blend pot to use(250k?)
    -Nick

P.S. while searching ive seen diagrams with 'caps'. what are these and do i need one? once again please and thank you.

2. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    There are FAQ stickies at the top of the e/p forum.
    A diagram like this
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8358&d=1093895851
    is there.
    Another place is www.guitarelectronics.com or www.stewmac.com
    If your going to series /parallel your bass, just get a pull up vol. that does it and save drilling another hole for a switch.
    A capacitor is used in conjunction with the tone pot to bleed off the high frequencies. The value of which will determine the scale of how much is cut. A .047 uf cap is typical in passive basses. If you want to bypass a tone knob all together, then one won't be needed.

3. well i specifically want the switch, why i dont know, but have no quams about drilling holes. i guess the only thing i really need to pick up is a 25ok blend pot, after searching around(the switches and other stuff i can get for free *woot*)