1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

uhhhhhhhhhh

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by yellofury, May 6, 2010.

1. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    and both "users" have relatively high ratings... hmmm

is it against the rules to sell the same item on here and eBay?

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    The TB sale was over 2 years ago.

3. the listing on eBay has been cut and pasted from a 2 year old ad

I just thought I recognized the carpet from before

4. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I'm just wondering wh anyone would want this bass if one can get a "proper" status bass.

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Because MIA Washburn Status basses are really damn good, probably......

6. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I s'pose...are they considerably cheaper than the real deal?
    If so, ... maybe...:)

7. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Jan 20, 2009
    Titusville, FL
    I can see why. The carpet colors work very nicely with that bass.

8. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Price over the roof. I was offered one for 400SGD (around 300USD) a few months ago and passed on it.

9. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    Washburn is a great company. I was skeptical, but then I got a Washburn MG70 (it's a guitar, but nonetheless...) and it has to be one of the best sounding and most versatile instruments I've ever heard. It was 900USD in 1992 and I got it for 300USD due to a bad volume pot.

I Spector-like Washburn basses cost 1000+USD new. They aren't "cheap" instruments. Ithink people assume washburn is a cheapo company because most people buy their cheapo models.

Is that bass worth 1100? MAYBE if it was new, but not used. I say 500-600. But then with that kind of money you'd probably buy a Fender or Warwick, that's why you never see good Washburn basses

10. Seeing as that is my thread and I sold that bass over two years ago, I would say that the ebay ad is a fake. I sold the bass to RickC, so he might be able to shed some light on it. Also, I didn't have the original case, so either that was added to entice someone into getting screwed, or the ad is real and the person picked up the "original" case :rollno:

I am going to PM RickC and see what he has says. Anyone have any suggestions?

lowsound

11. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I was about to say, Lowsound is a cool cat, thats not like him.

12. Thanks man. BTW nice eye yellofury on recognizing the carpet in my parents basement :D

lowsound

13. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If RickC still has the bass, or he knows the current owner isn't selling, then you know the Ebay listing is a fraud. If he sold the bass and doesn't know whether the current owner is selling, it could be legit.

If it's legit, the seller doubtless Googled for info, found the one FS thread, and figured no harm if he copied all the text.

If it's not legit, then the seller's Ebay account may have been hacked. The very favorite target of Ebay hackers is sellers with high 100% positive feedback who haven't been active in a while.

However, this seller has very recent feedback from selling guitar-related items. So my bet is that the seller is just lazy, not a crook. Or the seller is RickC. :)

14. Well I have the same exact color bass
    and your pics is what gave me GAs relief until it arrived at my house LOL

heres mine :
    3647160257_bfc72b26b0_b.

I was looking to see what Status basses were on eBay adn ran across that ad
    and my eyes popped out of their sockets when I saw the price
    these basses are going up in value and is one of the few that I own that is
    but man they aint go up that much

15. I just checked the addresses for RickC and the ebay ad and they don't match up, so I doubt the ad is legit. I PMed Rick about it and I will keep you guys to to date on it.

lowsound

16. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I sent in an offer on the bass when I first read this thread a couple of hours ago. It promptly was declined (not an auto decline, but a manual one a few min later), it's it's prob not a scam as he prob would have taken my $.

17. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    Are you a detective? wow good eyes and memory. :)

18. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    lowsound just alerted me. Definitely not my ebay ad; I still have that bass and it's not going anywhere at the moment.

I *do* still have the green strings on it, btw :D

/rick

19. Those strings were super cool and really dead when I sold it to you. Do you want to notify the ebay people because you are the current owner?

lowsound