1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

UL310 + UL310 stacked

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dominic54321, Nov 27, 2006.

1. I recently picked up a new Epifani UL310 and matched it up with one channel of a Crest CA9....and it was heavenly! It sounded so freakin good, in fact, that I am in the process of adding another UL310 to run off of the other channel of the CA9! I opted for (2) UL310's instead of a UL610 for portability issues. I can just take one cab with me for practices, and small gigs, and add a second for the larger rooms. The 2 stacked together will be my ultimate rig of doom! Yes, I need 2 cabs to compete with a very loud drummer and guitarist in a rock band. :D
    Has anyone actually heard 2 UL310's played together? If so, what was it like, compared to a single UL410.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I wish I could hear it, it must sound great, let us know :)

3. Well, I should have the other UL310 by early next week. Just in time for 2 gigs that weekend! I'll definately have a full report ready for ya!

4. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    This is only a slight Hijack, but I did the same thing with my Crest CA9 and two Schroeder 21012s.

What type of pre are you using? I am using a DB659 and find the whole thing to be just monsterous tonally. When I play my Sad P-Bass through that rig, it makes me smile.:D

5. schmittuml

schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    im in the process of doing the same with 410's......its gonna be heaven

6. I'm currently using a Yamaha Pb-1 preamp, but I constantly switch from the Yamaha to an Alembic F-1x and sometimes an Ampeg svp-pro.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    oh good lord,

that'll be a fun rig. havent tried your setup, but my loins can only imagine.

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    :eek:

9. Been contemplating the same stack myself. Can't wait for the report!

10. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    wow!!! :eek:

11. That should be amazing. I have never heard two 310UL's, but have A/B'd the 410UL and 310UL many times. From those A/B's:

1) While the EpiUL line is very efficient and even the largest cabs sound great and are nice and loud with minimal power (500 watts), they REALLY open up when you put some juice into them.... so you are loaded for bear there:hyper:

2) The 310UL has a higher low end to mid range ratio than the 410UL to my ear. That's good and bad... good in that the cab sounds a little more balanced and 'full'... bad because in can get eaten up in the mix a little bit at high volumes, where the 410UL seemingly muscles through any mix at any volume. However, two 310UL's with lot's of power seems to be the PERFECT large rig... you will get that pure, wide open bottom and more balanced midrange versus the 410UL, but will have enough cone area to move enough air for any situation.

To me, for very high volume situations, your solution might the the best out there regarding tone, size, weight and modularity. All you have to do is find a nice lightweight head to use with one 310UL for those gigs where you don't need massive volume IMO:)

12. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    I have often thought that would be a killer system.

Looking forward to the follow-up reports.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A PS600 should work for that ;) I'll let you know soon.

14. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    That's a very powerful yet portable set up.

15. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    what are the dimensions and weight of the 310?

thanks

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  17. MacGroove

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    23"H x 21.5"W x 16.5"D 47 lbs.

18. From the site. The weight spec is accurate. Given the moderately large size of this cab, it feels even lighter than 47 pounds, and is tall enough to use castors instead of a cart... wonderful... just put your head on top and roll it in. Nick's optional removable castors (as I've posted before) are great.... they are removable but don't require any drilling into the cab. They work very nice as 'tilt back's when needed by taking the back two off (by sliding them out of a locking plate).

NOTE: The cab is actually 5.3 ohms, but since this is, for all practicle usages, the same as 4ohms, Nick has simplified the spec to just say '4ohms'.

Speaker: 3 x 250w RMS Cast Aluminum Frame
    100w RMS Tweeter
    Freq Response: 40hz - 16khz
    Power Rating: 750w RMS (1800w Peak)
    4 Ohms
    Suggested Wattage: 200w - 1000w
    Sensitivity: 103db SPL @ 1w 1m
    Recessed Handles
    Dimensions: 23" H x 21.5" W x 16.5 " D
    47 lbs.

19. MacGroove

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    You couldn't just leave it alone could you Ken, you had to out do me by giving to full spec sheet.:bag: :D

20. Nick's optional removable castors seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll install the casters on one cab only...that way, I can stack the cabs and roll them right in to the gig, ready to go! If i need floor coupling, I can just place the top cab on the floor, remove the casters from the bottom cab, and place it on top of the other cab! I feel this is going to be a very portable and rig that won't have a HUGE footprint. It will be very easy to carry and wheel around, and I'm hoping it'll have the FULL sound I've been looking for. I also love the fact that 3 of the speakers will be closer to my head, as compared to a ul610...which is an awesome cab that I was about to bite the bullet on a few weeks ago!