1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Unbelieveable!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bassic83, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
  2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's early footage of kserg in the pre-vodka and cigarettes stage.

bc

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Oh yeah, but now, since i am a fatass i just run through walls like i was the kool aid man.

OH YEAH!

Kool-aid-Commie.

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    That guy is definatly a gymnist by training.

Awesome moves.

5. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Imagine him with a snowboard or skateboard!

6. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I wanna see the outtakes and practice footage of him busting his ass numerous times lol. Amazing stuff, but scary to think how he got to that level in one piece lol.

7. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
  8. and people say detroit looks bombed-out.

robb.

9. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    More thoughts on this:

I desperately want to send sk8boards to these guys.

And...

I wonder whether Jackie Chan has seen this? These dudes need to be in one of his movies!

Cherie

10. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Yeah, kinda makes you want to put together an Emergency Paint Crew Of Mercy, huh?

Cherie ;)

11. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Definitely! I wonder if he will ever make the Olympics?

Cherie :)

12. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    That is an incredibly good workout

13. [Forest Gump]

That boy sure is a running fool

[/Forest Gump]

14. There was a program on TV here a while back about guy from Paris, I think, who did some similar stuff. They called it "free running", IIRC. It is certainly amazing to watch. I love watching gymnasts etc.

15. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I saw that...was pretty impressed. I mean, you have to know exactly what you're doing for what the guy's pulling off; otherwise he's a dead (or heavily injured) man.

I mean, what I do in track is almost as suicidal, but pole vault has mats under me so I have some protection...

16. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Whenever I see this stuff, it's called 'parkour'... do a google video search for this term, and tons of random stuff comes up. It's pretty impressive, but I can't imagine the number of spills that it takes to get to that level. Awesome to watch though!

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    You my friend have no idea... thats not the worse, thats acctually pretty good.

Next time i am in Russia i'll take some photos... its quite sad.

18. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I have a friend who does stuff thats not quite as nuts as that (certainly not as fast), but is also ridiculous.. mainly in his jumping abilities.

That guy would be the most awesome stereotypical high profile theif... jumping from roof top to roof top, never getting caught by the cops....
    :ninja: x 10 = him.

19. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    This guy definetly isn't alone. It's a new sport called "parkour" or "free running". If your interested in learning more about the roots of this stuff, try to find a copy of the documentary "Jump Britain". I think theres a torrent of it available somewhere. urbanfreeflow.com has a lot of good stuff too.

20. I think I saw something recently on the news about this. Quite incredible. Then a couple days later they had a follow up saying that the number of young teenage boys in the ER had skyrocketed over the last few days because they were trying to copy what they had seen.:eek: If you wanna do that kind of thing, BE CAREFUL!!

Rock on
    Eric