1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

URGENT fever lead sheet!

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by jsbachsonata, May 1, 2006.

1. jsbachsonata

jsbachsonata

Mar 30, 2005
    Dear TalkBassists,

I'm going to be playing in a very important gig next week and i just realized that i need to learn the jazz vocal standard "fever". Does anyone here have the lead sheet to it? I live in Taiwan so i have no way of getting Real Book Vol. ii from the net in time for the gig. If you have it please send me a scan of the lead sheet at locksp@ms14.hinet.net. I would realy really appreciate your help!! :)

Fellow bassist in Taiwan
    Mark

2. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    I don't have a lead sheat, but I've had to play this tune by ear before, and I think it's just three chords: D A D G or something like that. If you can find a recording of it you can probably pick it out pretty easily in a couple minutes. Good luck!

3. Email with attachment sent

4. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I hope you can get a recording also. This song is traditionally done with voice and bass as a duet, at least for a large part of the song.

5. ToR-Tu-Ra

ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    What a lovely way to burn!

6. jsbachsonata

jsbachsonata

Mar 30, 2005
    Thanks smidgely

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Er...isn't there a pretty standard (easy) ostinato line that gets played on 90% of "standards" gigs for this tune?

8. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Everyone thinks Peggy Lee for this tune and it's true, she did a great job. Do yourself a favour, though, and check out the original recording by Little Willie John. He was a sweet-voiced soul squeezer a la Sam Cooke and Marvin -- a few hits in the fifties, died in prison by the mid-sixties, way too young. Man that guy had a voice...