1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used E string snapped.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by CaptainTuna, May 13, 2011.

1. CaptainTuna

CaptainTuna

May 13, 2011
    Hello everyone!

Yesterday i decided it was time to shield my bass due to the almost unbearable noise that came out of the amp when i turned the tone up a bit. So what i did was take the strings off and shield the bass.

When i placed the E string back everything looked fine, but as i started turning the tuning key (not sure what its name is) to make it sound appropriate it suddenly snapped.

I have to say it was the first time i tried doing this since i started playing not too long ago, some 5 months or so. I'm not sure what i did wrong. My first thought was that i couldn't place the old strings back and that I had to buy new ones, but then i checked the internet and everybody talks about soaking them and putting them back in. I didn't straighten up the string (its end was still curved a few times just as it was when it was tightened up).

Is there something i missed? Why has my poor E string snapped?

Thank you :)