1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using A Digital Multi FX with Analog

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tyohars, Mar 8, 2020.

1. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    Hey, I don't have many experience with pedals tbh. But now I used Darkglass Hyper Luminal, DOD 250, and MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe on my pedalboard. I love to experiment with my sound, but most of bassist I know play clean or just using an OD. The thing is, I have some money to spend and I want to bought more pedals. My music are kinda ambience alternative and I want to experiment with my sound again. So, what if I bought a multi FX like Zoom B1On to experiment and buy more pedal when I know what I need. I can easily sold the Zoom when I don't need it anymore. What do you think? Worth the money? And, can I use digital multi fx like Zoom with my other pedal?

2. You are fine to mix analog, old, New and digital pedals as you have them - I do it all the time and have rarely had any issue. See my current board for example with effects from three decades all working together. FB_IMG_1577513456345.jpg

3. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    How's the setting?

4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I feel like this way of thinking is outdated. If you get a Line 6 HX Effects, once you find the type of effect you like, you don’t need to go find the better version in a pedal, you will already have as good as it gets, or at least good enough. The best part is that the HX Effects is well designed to integrate those awesome pedals that you still can’t do without.

5. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    That's out of my budget lol

6. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    How big is your budget?
    Could you swing an Empress Zoia? It’s in the $500 range. It takes some time to learn and tweak, but it’s got lots of potential.

I’ve never played the Zoom, but they certainly have solid reputations.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 29, 2020