Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

:"vents open":

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by goodbetterbass, Oct 14, 2004.

1. guitarists...can't live with the or without them......

We got through our gig and last night and besides a sloppy set and one possessed mic stand we remained failry happy. Yes..it was my mic and it started to move down during one song leaving said bass player (me) in the classic Hetfield pose, splayed legs, trying to sing in the most uncomfortable position imaginable...ie 90 kgs, legs apart, trying to get hte words out.

We also decided to do a tribute song for the late
    Johnny(sp) Ramone. We had a "guest" sing it for some reason....and it all started OK....guitarist in wrong key for 7 bars, but hey..... Then first round of "Hey Ho"s went very well. Into the song and all was great up until the next set of "HH"s. Drummer, me and "guest" stop but allas it was lost on the guitarist. Managed to cover it all up somehow but the impact was lost. Ironic...yeah, because it was the guitarist song we chose!!!!!!

:hyper:

:"vents closed":

2. The song we did was blitzkrieg bop....... :oops:

3. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    I love that song. How long had you guys practiced the song?

4. we had practised it 5 or 6 times but we all knew the song very well......shame the guitarist had forgotten it on the night.... :crying: