Very Wierd Noise Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by timidbassist, Feb 10, 2005.

1. I have a Carvin R1000 amp and RL 410 cab and recently every once in a while i have been getting a very weird noise comming out of it sometimes. It almost sounds identical to pulse dialing on a phone... It never does it when im not playing, but when i hit a note for the first time after the noise gate went into effect, (or even when i have the noise gate off for that matter) it will make that pulse dialing type noise (only way i know how to describe it). Anyone else ever hear this type of noise? Know what it could be? I dont even have the slightest clue so maybe i can get pointed in the right dirrection.
    Thanks alot,
    Dave

2. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Do you keep a cell phone close by?
    When I have mine with me while practicing, it makes noise thru my rig - intermidently, not constantly. My guess would be rome sort of interference.

3. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Do you keep a cell phone close by?
    When I have mine with me while practicing, it makes noise thru my rig - intermidently, not constantly. My guess would be some sort of interference.

4. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    oops, sorry about the double post :meh:

:bag:

5. Actually that does make sense, i do have my cell phone with me when i practice and it deffinitly could have some interference problems. I am sure everytime that it does the service check it does that, i will try having my phone off and see if i still get the same noises.
    Thanks for the amp help,
    Dave