1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VFE Triumvirate

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jarnett, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Jarnett

Jarnett

Dec 17, 2011
    Adrian Michigan
    Anybody own a VFE Triumvirate? I can't find much about them, I searched and found nothing. Anybody find it useful?

2. It looks like it could be useful. You could always email them and ask them how it responds to bass frequencies? The separate gain controls are a cool idea.

3. ntula

ntula

Feb 2, 2011
    i had the same question.. the youtube demo sounds great.. and the main bass mid crossover it right about where one would separate the lows in a biamp set up for one 15 and 4 tens cabinets.. 250hz. the only thing that may fall out of range is the highs depending on your style of playing.. also, if you used this behind an octave pedal or an od or fuzz pedal.... ....

one way to find out if it would work for you is to look how your tone is on a graphic eq..

it also depends on your cabs you are running to, but your amp will have the final say in that on the eq and you can as well run it into a graphic eq to further shape it, or another effect.. i just wrote them and asked if the custom crossover is a user definable option or if that just is a factory setting..

the only thing i notice is the highs may be a little useless, but it would control fret noise and other styles of playing since on a bass on generally does not play slayeresqe screaming leads so fast they sound like a slide whistle.