1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VitalyGanja's in-depth FX reviews

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by VitalyGanja, Jan 3, 2017.

1. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Hello forum,

I know it might be a lot of people making gear reviews here on TalkBass and Youtube overall, however I decided to make this topic and share with my in-depth reviews for different pedals that you might find useful (for yourself or someone who is interested in particular pedals). All my demos are showing how pedals influence the sound of dry bass signal. No talking, just bass riffing!
    Also I would love to receive any comments/critics/recommendations here or in comments below videos. I will put all updates here in case you might like it.

Thank you in advance!

Digitech BASS SYNTH WAH

TC Electronic VORTEX MINI (a lot of crazy and nasty sounds you can create with that small pedal)

T-Rex SWEEPER 2

Darkglass Electronics SUPER SYMMETRY Compressor

Darkglass Electronics MICROTUBES B7K

Eden WTDI

Taurus DEXTER MK-2

Empress Effects COMPRESSOR

Tech21 VT BASS

Taurus ABIGAR

2. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Series of Boss ME-50B Bass Multiple FX Processor.

Part 1: TUNER vs Boss TU-3

Part 2: MASTER & NOISE SUPPRESSOR

Part 3: DRIVE/SYNTH

Part 4: FILTER/TONE

Part 5: COMPRESSOR/LIMITER

Part 6: PEDAL MODE

Part 7: DELAY/MODULATION

Crystalman85 and Driven Crane like this.
  3. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    And some misc stuff like guitar pedals usage with bass :)

Boss OS-2

Boss BD-2

TC Electronic SPARK

MXR M102 DYNA COMP

Marshall B25 MK2
    Bass Combo
    (not a pedal, but it was my first review ever so why not)

MGR and Driven Crane like this.
  4. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Electro-Harmonix Q-TRON PLUS

jibreel likes this.
  5. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Awesome clips, dude. I dig the darkglass b7k and the boss me-50b clips. I was thinking of getting the darkglass b7k sometime in the future. I think it would go great with my darkglass vmt. I would like get this killer sound if I own one.

As for the boss me-50b, I was interested in getting one since my brother owns a boss me-50 for his guitar. I do like some of the distortion effects and the modulation effects. I personally don't care for the synth effects, but the other effects sounded pretty cool.

VitalyGanja likes this.
  6. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    I really enjoyed defretter, tbh, also modulation section, Wah, Compression (compared real MXR Dyna with ME50B and they sound really similar) and EQ was good.

Crystalman85 likes this.
  7. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Electro-Harmonix C9 ORGAN MACHINE

8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Oh yeah. the compressions sounds decent. and I've heard that the eq is pretty flexible. I also dig the tones on the me-50b.

9. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    First of all:

A big thumbs up for all the work you put in these demos. :thumbsup:

As a whole pretty nice work :bassist:

When that is said if I had to be critical, some of the riffs you chose to demonstrate the pedals with gets quite tedious in the long run.

Also optimally it would be nice if you could change the play according to the different settings, as some riffs and styles fit certain settings better than other.

I do realize the limitations of not having a third arm though.

Just something for you to consider if you could find a way around it, that might improve you demos, maybe like having different loops ready for different settings as you go along.

Anyway, and this is really why I bother to reply to your thread, I got a reques:

There seem to be no bass demo's of Electro Harmonix's fairly recent release of their digital delay pedal Canyon, non the less judging from the guitar demo's it seems to be one of the best sounding digital delays out there, and also the one with some of the most interesting features:

So in case you are in a position that allows you to make a bass demo of the Canyon, I would be extremely interested.

Also EHX's Operation Overlord overdrive pedal seems to be killer on bass, really grindy, griddy type of overdrive, judging from this demo, that unfortunately seems to be the only demo of it featuring bass and only utilizes one setting (the bass part starts approximately at 2:59):

So if you have the opportunity to make a demo of that too it would be great.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your bass effect pedal demos project :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    VitalyGanja likes this.
  10. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Thank you very much for critics, really enjoyed reading your opinion. You are right, not having third arm, is the main problem. It's hard to envolve someone, who could assist is such process. The best way is to clone myself :D
    I really try to improve my demos if I have opportunity.

About Canyon and Overlord - if I find them from some of my friends I'll definitely make a review on them!

11. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Electro-Harmonix MICRO POG

12. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Blackstar HT-METAL

13. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Chowny FUZZSTER

14. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Tech21 SANSAMP BASS DRIVER

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    First I'm seeing this thread. I like that you're reviewing old favorites as well as newer ones.

VitalyGanja and Driven Crane like this.
  16. VitalyGanja

VitalyGanja

Mar 16, 2015
    Darkglass Electronics HYPER LUMINAL