1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volume Pedal for upright bass w/realist

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 808surfer, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Hi -

I want to get a volume pedal for use with my upright. My signal chain is currently David Gage Realist pickup -> Fishman ProEQ Platinum pre-amp -> combo amp.

What kind of volume pedal will I need, active, passive, high impedance, low impedance etc, and where should it ideally go in my signal chain? The fisman does not have an effects loop BTW, and I'm concerned about a volume pedal interfering with the nice natural sound I have going right now. Anybody use a vol. pedal with a similar setup?

2. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    if you simply use the volume pedal after the Fishman you can use practically any pedal; let the Fishman deal with impedance matching of the Realist & provide the necessary buffering to overcome any potential signal loss incurred by the pot in the pedal.

I've used an Ernie Ball volume pedal for close to 20 years and never had a problem with it. They're bullet-proof. If you want la creme de la creme, get a Goodrich.