1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volume/Tone-pots with levels ("clicks") ??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jamerson_fan, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. jamerson_fan


    Feb 17, 2008

    I'm wondering where I can find volume/tone-pots that have "clickable" levels (meaning 10 or more clicks/indents from zero to full volume)?

    I want this for my Jazz so I can adjust pickup settings and if I accidentally adjust the knobs, then I can readjust to the exact position(s) I had by remebering how many "clicks" it was from the maximum (or minimum) position.

    And by the way: What are pots like this called? :)

  2. f.clef

    f.clef Supporting Member

    Dec 4, 2007
    I'd search for "detent potentiometer."
  3. Mrdak

    Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

    Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
  4. jamerson_fan


    Feb 17, 2008
    Thanks for the replies!

    quote from partspage linked above:

    "Requires detant washer if you want it to have click stops like original. Detant washer is part # 19504, $4.50
    SKU: 19503"

    So it's the washers that do it?
  5. jamerson_fan


    Feb 17, 2008
    Mrdak (or somebody else): Is it "click levels"/detents one the volume or tone-pots or on all four pots on the AV62 Jazz?

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.