1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassgrooves2, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Has anyone checked out the new Tech 21 Sansamp VT BASS DI?
    I just saw it posted on their site and it looks like what I have been looking for. I currently using a ParaDriver DI or a VT Bass Deluxe. I LOVE the sound of the VT Bass Deluxe, but I dont always need the option of up to six presets, depending on the gig. A smaller version would sure help me cut down the size of my board for such gigs.

http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/vtbassdi.html

2. I just bought one a couple days ago. I plan on using it to fatten up my sound when the gui**** goes into a solo. I've been tweaking with it and so far it sounds awesome! In fact, I liked it so much, I bought their chorus pedal yesterday!

3. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I am considering using the VT Deluxe as a DI for backline and fly dates so I could conceivably just walk in with a bass (Lull MV4) and the Tech21. Do you use your VT Bass Deluxe as a pre and DI for FOH, or just as a standalone DI ?
    If so, how does it work out ?

In the process of checking out the VT Deluxe, I did see the VT Bass DI too, which is a pretty recent product. I may want the multiple presets, but the DI version looks cool too.

4. [DEL]Interesting as they supposedly are not available for purchase yet.[/DEL]

Foot In Mouth,

I only saw it on the Tech 21 site as being available in April, then I Googled:crying:

5. I usually run Bass into the Sansamp be it the ParaDriver DI or the VT Bass deluxe and send the XLR out to FOH and sometimes I send the unbalanced out to a cab on stage. More often than not Im just monitoring without a live cab setup. This makes things nice and easy on the Load in/out. I have my Bass/es and a pedalboard with a bew boxes before my Sansamp. A couple of cables and away we go. The sound guys like it and I sure as heck like not having to lug around huge cabs.
    When I do take a cab for monitoring it is usually a Goliath III, so its a bit heavy and my back complains when I do it.

If we don't have a Sub available at the gig, I run a cab on stage. I still send my XLR out to FOH, and just have the cab there to reinforce the bottom end to keep from getting lost in the room.

I almost always use My Carvin BX500 head in the times when I run my Cab and just go into the Effects Loop Return, bypassing the preamp, but I still have a Graphic EQ that is helpful.

I guess its a long aster, but all in all, I LOVE the VT Bass Deluxe, but I find myself just sticking with one preset most nights, so the smaller DI version would be nice.

6. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    sounds pretty close to what I want too, but for local gigs I do use 2 basses (Lull MV4 and Turner Ren fretless), so the 2 bass input option and the different presets might be better for me. I don't plan on hauling amps/cabs to these new dates, particularly the fly dates, so I'll have to put up with unknown backlines, and whatever the FOH is.

7. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Aug 21, 2010
    Burbank, Ca
    Where did you buy it from? All I saw was sweetwater, who said they have preordered them, and bestbassgear.com whom ive never heard of or purchased from, cant imagine they would get them before sweetwater.

8. Sorry fellas. My bad. I bought the VT Bass. Not the DI. I was so excited to find a drive pedal I liked I wanted to jump in a sing some praises. Again, my apologies.

9. gndboy

gndboy

Sep 18, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I received my VT Bass DI a couple days ago and have been wringing it out. I use it as the basic preamp to drive a M1400i + speaker cabinet. It is pushy and deep and good sonic detail. This makes for an excellent bass rig.

10. zphreaky1

zphreaky1 Far from good

Apr 25, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
  11. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Provider Supporting Member

I can certainly understand the enthousiasm. I just recently bought a VT v.2 as well, also to use as a dirt pedal. I use it at the same time as the PBDDI (fat tube setting), with the VT's EQ and the character knob at 10h30 and the drive knob at 1h30. Now I know what growl really is. Man it sounds huge !