Waiting for the Brown Truck (NVBD)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EdwardofHuncote, Nov 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Tracking went all goofy sometime Friday night, but before it did, my new-to-me vintage bass was checked in at the local UPS hub, and scheduled for delivery today. Now it just says 'in transit' which I guess could mean anything. :bored:

I know da' rulez... so here's why I took the day off. (actually, a couple more days off...) :woot:

Custom Distillate fretless (front).jpg

Custom Distillate fretless (back).jpg

(pictures courtesy of the original owner)

So maybe it's today, or tomorrow... :yawn:Meanwhile, I'm just waiting here, doing housework, drinking coffee... good coffee too, not that awful Monday morning swill they got at work. :smug:

FWIW, there's a new set of strings and all my setup tools already sitting on the kitchen table. But I ain't anxious or anything... naw, not me. :nailbiting:

What was that going up the road!? Just the garbage truck. No bass yet. :rolleyes:

old spice and TolerancEJ like this.
  2. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Now the wait begins.... Congrats man!

3. EdwardofHuncote

Aug 21, 2013
    Hmmm... status has now changed to 'out for delivery today'. Maybe they got tired of me pinging the tracking number? :laugh:

4. EdwardofHuncote

Aug 21, 2013
    It showed up... at my neighbors house. So much for Signature Required. :rollno: They're fine folks, and brought it right over. :thumbsup:

As a character-building exercise, I'm going to finish up a project I'm working on before opening it up. (no looks okay... no holes punched through or caved-in corners)

2017-11-27 15.39.44.jpg

Back in a little bit... :cool:

Farseer likes this.
  5. EdwardofHuncote

Aug 21, 2013
    Well, I spent the whole evening restringing, tweaking, and playing on this one.

First things first - the guy I bought this from did an outstanding job of packing it for shipping. It was perfectly cushioned on all sides, even the bass inside its case was packed. Awesome job. :thumbsup:

What can I say about this one? It's a brand-new 32 year-old bass. You've heard of mint condition... this one really is. Nary a scratch or ding on it anywhere... plain-n-simple it is new old stock.

On with the pictures!

Attached Files:

Crusher47 likes this.