1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

wanna work at bestbuy's music section

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ~Ethan~, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ~Ethan~

~Ethan~

Dec 3, 2008
    Abilene, TX
    So I'm thinking about aplying for a job at my local BestBuy since I recently found out they now have practically a guitarcenter in there.

My question to you is: What do I need to know? Like all the technical stuff on amps and pickups and the like? Or can I just be somewhat familliar with equipment and be able to work a cash register?

Thanks!

2. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Well, if you don't find what you're looking for here, you could just walk into the store and ask someone that's working there. Employees at Best Buy are generally nice people in my experience. ;)

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Based on Guitar Center and the local Best Buy, you don't need to know anything. In fact, that probably works against you as you'll be more interested in those details than in just closing the sale.

jte

4. ~Ethan~

~Ethan~

Dec 3, 2008
    Abilene, TX
    Both very true.

It's kinda sad that the people at my GC don't know anything. I'm convinced that all they are concerned about is making a sale, pleasing the customer comes later if needed.

Although bad for business, I would rather not make a sale as long as I gave something usefull to the customer. I've been to smaller music shops with the kind of people that know they're stuff and walked out with more then if I had bought something.

If I get the job I want to be like that.