1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

warmoth bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Jan 30, 2005.

1. has anyone bought a body off of warmoth? i've been checking them out they have some neat stuff, specifically the custon t(i'd die for a tele style bass) i was jsut wondering if ay of you had any expierence with them, how well they're made, balance etc. thanks guys!

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Mee'sa buy'd a strat body for a geetar player. I assembled and finished the guitar myself. The body's are VERY high quality and have suhweet tone.

3. good to hear :) i really like how many pick up routing options they have, the only thing i'm worried about is the balance as i made a tele body by hand and while it's decent it takes a nice neck dive from time to time.

4. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    Well balance will be an issue I have one its not too bad but it is noticable just try a G @ L Asat it should be about similar. Pick up options are pretty much unlimited what ever you can fit in there I guess...

Attached Files:

5. that' sa pretty bass, that's actually hte pick up config i'm planning on using. i think i'll take the dive and give it a go. how does that thing sound?

6. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    It sounds great :bassist:

7. tht'as it i have to get one :) now the desicion of whether to be fancy and get a thinline one :oops:

8. Here's mine. I love it![​IMG][/IMG]

The body on this one is black korina. Looks and sounds great. I tung oiled it. The balance is good but the bass is failrly heavy, approximately 10 pounds.

The picture is not the greatest. It looks better in person. I get plenty of compliments.

9. that is a pretty bass, i'm probably goign to get an alder body in an attempt to keep the weight down, but i'm used to a 10 pound schector as it is. is the neck pocket the same spec as a standard jazz bass. i plan on putting a 70s jazz bass neck on a warmoth body. also did you assemble this yourself? and is it nice and easy, i've done some custimazation of my basses, switching out necks, pickups, wiring, but i'm no pro :)

10. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i got a warmoth explorer body off of ebay like last month and its pretty nice, all i have is the body so far, but its nice, sanding could have been a little better but i was planning on planing it a little thinner anyways!

11. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Here's my Warmoth SG bass in progress, USACG neck:

[​IMG]

Very well-made stuff.

12. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I bought a solid arched top Dinky P made out of White Korina. I love it. The grain is awesome and tight. I put a Modulus Genesis neck on it. [​IMG][/IMG]

13. I have a ash P warmoth body, which is very nice and have started with a walnut J warmoth project. I can't tell you about the necks though, as I used a 62 Fender replacement J neck on the P body and haven't decided on the J yet.

14. thanks so much for hte replies guys, hopefully i'll be placing that order in thenear future :) sounds like soem great stuff

15. I'm no pro either, I learned assembly from working on this bass. Just read up a bit on finishing, wiring, soldering etc. It sounds like you have more experience than me. The only part I was worried about was drilling the neck holes but I followed the instructions in Dan Erlewine's guitar repair book and they turned out fine.

And yes, the neck pocket has the same dimensions as a Jazz bass.

16. yup drilling the nexk holes is my main concern and clotting the nut other than that i figure i should be pretty good. sounds like fun though i can't wait to try my hand at it