warmoth bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Jan 30, 2005.

1. has anyone bought a body off of warmoth? i've been checking them out they have some neat stuff, specifically the custon t(i'd die for a tele style bass) i was jsut wondering if ay of you had any expierence with them, how well they're made, balance etc. thanks guys!
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Mee'sa buy'd a strat body for a geetar player. I assembled and finished the guitar myself. The body's are VERY high quality and have suhweet tone.
  3. good to hear :) i really like how many pick up routing options they have, the only thing i'm worried about is the balance as i made a tele body by hand and while it's decent it takes a nice neck dive from time to time.
  4. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    Well balance will be an issue I have one its not too bad but it is noticable just try a G @ L Asat it should be about similar. Pick up options are pretty much unlimited what ever you can fit in there I guess...

Attached Files:

5. that' sa pretty bass, that's actually hte pick up config i'm planning on using. i think i'll take the dive and give it a go. how does that thing sound?
  6. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
  7. tht'as it i have to get one :) now the desicion of whether to be fancy and get a thinline one :oops:
  8. Here's mine. I love it![​IMG][/IMG]

The body on this one is black korina. Looks and sounds great. I tung oiled it. The balance is good but the bass is failrly heavy, approximately 10 pounds.

The picture is not the greatest. It looks better in person. I get plenty of compliments.
  9. that is a pretty bass, i'm probably goign to get an alder body in an attempt to keep the weight down, but i'm used to a 10 pound schector as it is. is the neck pocket the same spec as a standard jazz bass. i plan on putting a 70s jazz bass neck on a warmoth body. also did you assemble this yourself? and is it nice and easy, i've done some custimazation of my basses, switching out necks, pickups, wiring, but i'm no pro :)
  10. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i got a warmoth explorer body off of ebay like last month and its pretty nice, all i have is the body so far, but its nice, sanding could have been a little better but i was planning on planing it a little thinner anyways!
  11. philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Here's my Warmoth SG bass in progress, USACG neck:

Very well-made stuff.
  12. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I bought a solid arched top Dinky P made out of White Korina. I love it. The grain is awesome and tight. I put a Modulus Genesis neck on it. [​IMG][/IMG]
  13. I have a ash P warmoth body, which is very nice and have started with a walnut J warmoth project. I can't tell you about the necks though, as I used a 62 Fender replacement J neck on the P body and haven't decided on the J yet.
  14. thanks so much for hte replies guys, hopefully i'll be placing that order in thenear future :) sounds like soem great stuff
  15. I'm no pro either, I learned assembly from working on this bass. Just read up a bit on finishing, wiring, soldering etc. It sounds like you have more experience than me. The only part I was worried about was drilling the neck holes but I followed the instructions in Dan Erlewine's guitar repair book and they turned out fine.

And yes, the neck pocket has the same dimensions as a Jazz bass.
  16. yup drilling the nexk holes is my main concern and clotting the nut other than that i figure i should be pretty good. sounds like fun though i can't wait to try my hand at it