1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WARNING: Oscar Prat Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benjobass, Aug 19, 2018.

1. benjobass

benjobass Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear about this @eottjake. I'm glad you managed to power through and get to a better place with your bass but it definitely sounds like a terrible experience. Thank you for sharing your story here for others to read.

eottjake likes this.
  2. snarebear

snarebear

Apr 19, 2012
    You guys who are getting screwed should jump on the domain name and link it to this thread. Give it back when he delivers the basses he is stalling on.

3. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Adr
    I think Adrian can be trusted.
    He's a nice guy who I think is easy to reach/communicate with.

4. pratbasses

pratbasses

Jan 20, 2010
    Spain
    Hi Guys. Sorry for my silence, I was bussy with lot of difficult things for me and my family. I supose there is a time in our lives that you go deep down. This is the time for me. Anyways, no drougs, no mental issues.
    Wherever I want to say sorry to the guys I have to pay some yet of the refunds (I will pay you guys the rest as soon as I can) and the guy who is waiting for his bass, going to be shipped before 2018 to be conpleted in the USA.
    In around 3 to 4 months all issues will be done for me, so I will start working again and the 2019 will be a great year, I hope the best for you
    Cheers

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  5. benjobass

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    Words, words, words. You've been apologizing and making excuses for close to 3 years (to me). Only changes in your behavior - actions - will prove you are genuinely sorry and attempting to make things right by people who trusted you and paid you large sums of money.

6. cdbrewer99

cdbrewer99 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Colorado

7. Well, kudos to Oscar for jumping into this thread. I hope he is genuinely sincere about making things right for you guys.

8. cdbrewer99

cdbrewer99 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Colorado
    Thanks Oscar. We all go through a period in our lives when things aren’t right. Being an artist is not easy. It will take time to get through this difficult stretch. Yes.......I’m the guy waiting for bass. I will post pics when completed. Here’s a peek at it C97114EB-0043-4D18-96E7-937EACB7EAB3.

Nevada Pete and PaulJSmith like this.
  9. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Another rip-off thread! Very sorry for the guys who got stolen from this guy. There is another thread on the DB side.

For me this is stealing. No difference between this or stealing a car.

And the guy has the nerve to come here and make himself a victim!! He is active on TB, the shagging nerve!

2019 will be a great year? Do you intend to continue ripping off honest people? Thief!

MEKer likes this.
  10. Nevada Pete

Nevada Pete Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    No drougs.

basschanges, safikex, Brendan and 2 others like this.
  11. Williethedummy

Williethedummy

Aug 2, 2018
    Interesting thread. I’ve ordered a Bee Bass from Fred Bolton. February 2017. There is a thread from other guys on here about this same thing with Bee Basses too. I’m almost at 2 years and all communication has stopped about a year and a half ago. The other guys on the thread.....one is at 3 years and one almost 5. My conclusion....I’ve been screwed out of my $1,000 deposit....time to move on. Carl Thompson.....should have just did that first.

12. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggravesmusic.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    I would encourage you to make a separate post about it- to help the community be aware
    Thanks

eottjake, S-Bigbottom and J_Bass like this.
  13. Williethedummy

Williethedummy

Aug 2, 2018
    There is a thread. I thought it was just one of those random things. Now I heard about this luthier.

J_Bass and Garret Graves like this.
  14. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    There are more, unfortunately. Another one here on BG, and two more on the DB side.

15. Williethedummy

Williethedummy

Aug 2, 2018
    That’s a shame about the other ones too. For me I’m out $1000 deposit, but it’s the wasted time I can’t get back that bugs me. If he would have said the first week...” Thank you sucker” I’d have moved on and had a fretless 6 string already!

16. And now you know that if you were looking to go with Prat Basses you would end up in the same situation.
    Do Not Give Money To Prat Basses.

Look for a builder with a great reputation, there are many.

Uzielsquibb and Garret Graves like this.
  17. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    For those looking for a reputable builder, I highly recommend Pete Skjold and Skjold design guitars. I have ordered three basses and other accessories from him and have never been disappointed. Pete is A consummate craftsman, and a highly conscientious businessman. I have never waited longer than a year for completion of my instruments, and every single email and phone call is returned.

18. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Yep, that’s my dude. The best basses on the planet.

nonohmic, Chace90 and Garret Graves like this.
  19. AlexThorpe

AlexThorpe

Mar 28, 2009
    Michigan
    I commissioned a 10 string bass and sent a deposit to him ($2.5k) back on 1/17/17. 10 month delivery time, but it’s been 2 years now. I have seen some pictures of the body, top and fretboard (ziricote top, macassar ebony fretboard) but I’m pretty sure at this point there no chance of ever seeing it completed.

I asked for about 10 months ago as I hadn’t heard from him/seen any progress (although he did get right back to me when I sent him an email from a different address pretending to be a new customer) and he sent me some pictures finally and assured me it’d be done by July of 2018. July came and passed, no word from him. No responded to messages. I sent him another message on December 8th, no responce. I’m sad as I love his designs and at the time he seemed like a very reputable dealer, but at this point I feel like he straight up stole from me.

Garret Graves likes this.
  20. benjobass

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    This is almost identical to my timeframe, deposit, and his promised dates. I am so sorry you're caught up in this sham as well. Such a terrible luthier/business. He has definitely stolen from us.

Garret Graves and eottjake like this.