1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warrior's new and awesome Bella '62

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ethikz, May 29, 2017.

1. ethikz

ethikz

Jun 16, 2015
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Bella 62 5 String Ice Tea Burst Certified by Warrior! Take advantage of our special Memorial Day promotion for all of our present and past serving veterans. 15% off your purchase of a Warrior Certified Instrument, simply use the code VETERAN at check out. Proof of service will be required for discounted price.

THIS ONE WON'T LAST - GET IT BEFORE IT'S GONE!

http://www.warriortotalexperience.com/…/bella-62-5-ice-tea…/

I played this thing and it is awesome!! If i liked those body styles I definitely would buy one.

Sorry if this isn't allowed. I do not work for them just trying to show others that there is more than Fender out there.
    [​IMG]

LowActionHero, Agosix, nixdad and 4 others like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    What's with the extra holes near the straplock?

3. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

String through for the lowest strings. All Warriors seem to do this.

Sixgunn, TheMinutemen and bholder like this.
  4. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Why?

Herrick likes this.
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Probably due to a belief in the supernatural/magic/wonders of string-thru.

I, like many others, feel string-thru is greatly over-rated.

andrew, oren, TrustRod and 6 others like this.
  6. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Don't know. It seems like a funny angle that could promote string twist the way it curves like that. The only Warrior I ever played was at a Sam Ash in Richmond VA and it had that hole for the low B. It was probably the least impressive boutique basses I've ever put my hands on...a bit lacking in some of the finer attention to detail you'll usually see at this price point.

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

That's pretty cool. :bassist:

ethikz likes this.
  8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Cool bass but man is that part of the market getting crowded as of late.... Brubaker, Spector, Roscoe, Warrior and so many others entering the active Jazz market.

I would love to try all of these along with AC, Valenti, Lull, FBass, Sadowsky and the other usual suspects to see which ones I liked the best.

GregC and ethikz like this.
  9. ispunk

ispunk

Aug 26, 2010
    Sorry but this thread feels a bit like...

spam.jpg

10. ethikz

ethikz

Jun 16, 2015
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    This is not actually true. I have multiple without string through I also have one where just the 4th string is through body

It's not actually Spam. TB seems to big in the Jazz bass market, mainly Fenders and the like so I figured why not show that other brands can make wonderful jazz basses as well and even better

11. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Pretty bass but it looks like they just took it out of the freezer or played it after eating fried chicken.........

12. RedMax

RedMax It’s all success if it’s what you need. Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2011
    New England
    I agree with this. There is a local dealer in my area. They carry a bunch of Warrior basses. They look beautiful, but the attention to detail for the money is just not there in my opinion. Lots of rough edges, questionable fret work, etc in my experience playing them. Which is really too bad, because the truly look great and sound wonderful.

13. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Beautimous!

ethikz likes this.
  14. inanimate_carb

inanimate_carb

Aug 11, 2016
    A few moments of quiet reflection and prayer will reveal all !! :laugh:

I am Soma and wvbass like this.
  15. I've never seen strings put through the body in that way before. It could effect a wanted noticeable increase in string tension.

Sixgunn likes this.
  16. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    In all seriousness, there are a couple reasons to string through the body like this. I'm just not sure they apply here.

1) With short scale basses, you can string through the body so that you can use longer strings.
    2) The break angle is different. On the lower strings, the break angle can be so steep that you separate the windings when you separate the witness point. Here, the string through makes the break angle steeper, so it might be intended to ensure good contact with the saddle.
    3) If the bridge is short, stringing through the body can keep the silk off of the saddles.

17. inanimate_carb

inanimate_carb

Aug 11, 2016
    This style of string-through is something that Warrior has done for years. Much like Fodera's extended B string headstock, more builders would do it if it made an appreciable difference.

Blue_Whistle88 likes this.
  18. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    It won't affect tension. If it affects tension, the string would be a different pitch.

Check these out. That circle under the B string is the ball end of the string!
    IMG_9958.jpg 4

Yamaha BB is similar
    Stringing_02.png

IMO, this is mostly pointless.

Double E likes this.
  19. That Yamaha idea is cool,might have to steal it someday. I think I should have substituted the word feel instead of tension. I can tell a slight difference in feel under my plucking hand in the one bass I have that gives me both options. I actually prefer the feel going through the back of the bridge over stb.

wvbass likes this.
  20. Bassworship1

Bassworship1

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I've owned 6 warriors and all have been amazing basses in every way. They are 100% handmade works of art that take and play with the lowest setups you will ever find. All aspects of my builds have top notch. These are the last few I've purchased in the last year.

IMG_1302.JPG IMG_1351.JPG IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0892.JPG IMG_1399.JPG

nyde7, ethikz and Pbassmanca like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021