1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick black label strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Apr 8, 2009.

1. tried them out yesterday. now am not new to SS strings i have been playing D'addario prosteels and DR SS strings for all my life and they were always awesome and more awesome. but these Warwicks they are so very harsh and have that sticky feeling i cant manage to play with even after hours of trying to get used to them. i just cant play freely over them and sliding over them is like eating rotten eggs? maybe its just me but if you want to know why people say SS strings are harsh try these! :atoz:

2. MickMichaels

MickMichaels

Jan 16, 2008
    I tried the Warwick red labels and they kinda sounded like and empty beer can being kicked down a road.

3. Alduroth

Alduroth

Mar 3, 2009
    I personally think the red label is decent, but also has the "sticky feeling" But after rubbing chocolate on the string (by accident) it was all good. But I wont buy them again.

4. i will try them one more time at the next jam, then they'd be replaced by the good old DR's out of the bottle full of spirit!

5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    the warwick strings i've tried all sound really boomy and are very grabby. i do not like them at all!

6. they be gone!