1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Fortress P pickup replacement issue

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Kaergbo, Aug 26, 2017.

1. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    I had been planning to buy the Nordstrand NJ4SE but after having spent some time listening back to the recordings I had made with the stock pups, I'm thinking about going back.

There's something about those pickups... It's definitely not the traditional P/J sound. It's almost like it's pre-Eq'd to cut out some of the lowest bottom and push a little of the upper mids. And now that I've got an actual jazz bass, I find myself wanting that old "dynamic correction" tone back (turns out the straight J tone sits in the mix better in a few of the bands I play with). Luckily, there's somebody wanting to sell a brand new, uninstalled set of them locally, so I'm gonna grab them and try them out again. I regret cutting the wire the way I did. :(

2. Kaergbo

Kaergbo

Aug 26, 2017
    Dutchland
    You described the sound of the stock (MEC?) pickups pretty well, but that's the reason I ended up switching my (P) pickup. I find the sound of the stock pickups to be too mid oriented in a 'for all purpose use' kinda way. And as I now notice the difference in output level between the new pickup and the stock one, I'm definitely gonna switch the J pick up as well. I'm not sure with what yet though..

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021