1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

warwick strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bamaky1, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Bought a pack of warwick red strings today for $8. Just 4 strings .45-.105. Ive used d"addarios for a while and was wondering how these strings last over time and compare to DRs, Dean Markley, D'addario and the usuals.. Tonally, feeling-wise, etc. Just wondering. Thanks.

2. puddin tame

puddin tame

Aug 14, 2010
    no idea but my warwick black labels last bloody ages

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    If theyre the same ones that where stock on the old bubinga corvettes, then theyre rather like Rotosound on a budget imo. Like rotosounds without the red silk wrap bassically.

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I've used Black label and have no problem, I do like DR's better.

5. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    For $8 you cant go wrong.

6. DaLoCo

DaLoCo

Jun 16, 2010
    South Africa
    I use Red labels, and they seem to last quite well, have not noticed a change after four months....and I live 500m from the beach. I have them on my Warwick, and my BTB, and my homebuilt.

7. TheKingOfPain

TheKingOfPain

Jul 8, 2009
    I'm not a roundwound fan, so the only WW I've ever used are the EMPs, essentially coated Black Label. They last a lot.

8. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    as much as i am a fan of warwick basses, i cant say the same for their strings.

i used the Warwick 'reds' on a peavey grind, and it wa great (but i attribute it to my being new on gear and the fact that the grind came with really terrible strings).

i bought a bunch of black labels and they felt stiff and rough.

the EMP's on the other hand, were sticky.

the only good thing about them, is that they last long ... the thing is, i took them off before they "died" just so i could use DR hi-beams on them.

my Darklord though, is still strung with Warwick Black labels, just because they are my only set that has an F# string.

9. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    I used the Warwick Reds a long time ago (and damn, $8 a set?! SCORE!) and they lasted alright; I'd say they were average in their longevity. Not as long as their Black Labels but sounded about the same.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021