1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick tubepath 10.1 BUZZING

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkmaster j, Jun 9, 2012.

1. funkmaster j

funkmaster j

Jun 4, 2012
    I have a loud buzzing from inside the amp.Comong from the huge round thing.Not the tubes. Doesn't happen every time I play. Does not effect sound at all. Could it be my house wiring? Ground lift doesnt effect it. Thoughts? Amazing amp, I will never part w/ it.

2. bertbass666

bertbass666

Mar 6, 2009
    Sounds like the mains transformer to me.

3. funkmaster j

funkmaster j

Jun 4, 2012
    should i wait till it stops working ?

4. bertbass666

bertbass666

Mar 6, 2009
    It will probably just carry on buzzing. If it's a big round one it will be held together and secured to the amp chassis with a big bolt. You could try tightening the bolt if it's loose or get the transformer changed for a new one that doesn't buzz. The best thing though is to take it to an amp tech just in case it isn't the transformer and something more serious.

5. paqman

paqman

Jul 3, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    weird. I have a tubepath 10.1 and it also buzzes like mad. Buzzes on every electric outlet I have ever plugged it into. I brought it to an amp tech - dead silent in his shop of course.

One of power amps blew in mine a few weeks ago. The tech is fixing it now - working with Warwick to get the proper parts (A+ to Warwick customer service from what he tells me). I'm hoping it fixes the buzzing as well.

6. funkmaster j

funkmaster j

Jun 4, 2012
    It was caused by my outlets,some worse than others. My whole house is bad.The amp is perfect. Thank God.