Well I just got done with a "2 gig day"

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by learning_towalk, May 7, 2004.

1. it's been a long day ,lol

this morning at 11 my jam band Little Sara's Orchestra played a show...it was HOT,and we got sunburned, our keyboardist didn't show,our lead guitarist has a broken collar bone, lead singer has dislocated knee,I'm sick, drummer was good though...lol but it was the best show we've played (musically) our improv jams were awesome,we did an acoustic set,went all without setlist and the crowd Loved it...we had 1153 people show up

then tonight my Christian rock band Crimson:Keepsake played.
    we played a pretty strong show...pretty good turn out (250ish) on a week's publicity...opened a lot of doors for more gigs and we sold about 50 tshirts tonight...fun stuff

I just thought I'd post...

anybody else have any gigs today?
  2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I've done a couple two gig days, and they are very tiring. The last one I did was in March, when we played a Friday night gig, Saturday afternoon gig, and then a Saturday night gig. I slept pretty damn well Saturday night. They can be very demanding, but they are well worth it IMO.
  3. Wow what a day!!! Your band members were busted up and still got the job done. :cool:

Has everyone started to heal ? How about the keyboard player who deserves an ass kicking for not showing ? :confused:
  4. the other guys are still hurting pretty bad...i'm feeling a lil better, I'm not nautious anymore...

as far as the keyboard player....well more money for me, I didn't really miss him too much...i mean i love having him there but we did fine without him....

and as far as sleep...no, I had to be up at 6 to go to work this morning...lol

making money though to get more gear :D