what are you GASSING for right now?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pcake, Dec 28, 2015.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    here's the latest gear that's giving me GAS -

kramer disciple (D-1) in black and red
    Splash-02.jpg

nordstrand big man (not for the above)
    [​IMG]

what's your latest bass gear obsession?

Flooflox, Thumper19605 and GKon like this.
  2. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    The D1 is driving you crazy isn't it?! :)
    I hate GAS

3. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    it is, and i'm not entirely sure why. i also love the idea of two big singles crammed into one big pickup, but the bass i bought to mod is shallow, so not sure it'll fit.

i also love to hear what's giving other players GAS - it's a cool way to see what else is not only out there but what gear is driving bass players crazy for. i've learned about some brands, basses, amps and more on GAS posts :D

hrodbert696 likes this.
  4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Well, I'm in the process of getting the requisite components, so does it still count as GAS?

My project lately has been a bi-amped setup a la Royal Blood - a MicroPOG splits off an octave-up signal to go to a "guitar" board of pedals that then goes to a guitar amp. What I've BEEN using for that amp is an Egnater Tweaker combo, but so far have only played through it at home. But there's no way I can stack that combo with my bass setup. I know that when I get out with a band there will be some pretty small stages, so what I'm working on is getting it all into a single amp stack.

Today I sold a Squier bass VI (liked it, but never really found the use for it), and used part of the money to put a deposit on one of these at GC - TubeMeister 18 Head - and when it becomes available (have to wait for a used gear time period to clear) I'll head up to Effingham to try out a Revsound 1x12. Guitar Cabinets | RevSound . The bass cab is already a Revsound and Dave says he can match the footprint to make a nice stack.

Apart from that... I'm thinking about a MIDI footcontroller for a keyboard (do a Geddy Lee). And someday, a Rickenbacker. :angel:

josiah goldfish and pcake like this.
  5. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    Mesa strategy...

6. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I want a new blender.

OOD, red_rhino, TripleDouble and 7 others like this.
  7. A custom bass that's essentially a 34" scale, 5 string, Rickenbacker 4001/3 with an Ibanez SR type of a neck...

Trying to find a cheap way of doing this (such as modding an existing bass) is proving to be very difficult and taking up a lot of time. It's actually becoming quite an unhealthy obsession.

8. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

The GAS monster was slain, but alas! It rose from the ashes and lives! I have been thinking about more Thunderbirds. I'm kinda thinking I need a 2015 with the coil tapped pickups, mostly just because. There's no reason to need one, except needing one. That's GAS. I just bought a bolt-on Epiphone Thunderbird that may get routed for a pickup by the base of the neck. That will be a Dimarzio One, if it actually gets routed. Why? Same reason - no reason except it needs to be done.

josiah goldfish likes this.
  9. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    Me too. I ordering a Cataldo custom next month.. If you haven't seen one, check em out..

10. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

11. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Yeah, that's another source of GAS. I would love to have a Cataldo, especially a jade green one set up like an early '60s 'Bird with a single humbucker.

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  12. vmabus

vmabus

Nov 1, 2013
    7200'
    Triple SVT + 32x10!
    11386495_102741490073516_1928263337_n.jpg
    Although, I'd have trouble getting it into the house...

13. CatSquare

CatSquare

Mar 7, 2014
    fet-flf_n_products.jpg
    Aria Elecord Feb FL/F.
    Got my finger on the trigger, just waiting for @gebass6 to tell me how good it is.
    Get that bass already, man!

14. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hartke LH500 brand new on sale for $219

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  15. hobosong

hobosong

May 26, 2015
    Brooklyn
    [​IMG]

16. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks.

Jan 25, 2011
    Camarillo, CA
    The Epiphone Explorer bass that's on its way to me.

DocShocker and GKon like this.
  17. Kcarlson

Kcarlson

Feb 15, 2015
    Marietta, GA
    Epiphone Thunderbird pro classic is driving me crazy!!! Want it soooooooo bad :0 only another month though hopefully before I have one in my hands!

18. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

I won't have it until the second week of January.
    It's coming in from japan.

They might be sold out by the time I get it.
    You might as well jump!
    Especially at that price!!

19. Attached Files:

S-Bigbottom and hintz like this.
  20. Right now I might be able to get one sooner than I thought because my parrotlets started to breed and I'm going to sell the babies.

AHHH! THE GAS IS TOO INTENSE! I CAN'T! I JUST CAN'T DO IT ANYMO- ... ... ... :dead:

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021