What bands have you played with?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by cajunrockstar, Jan 20, 2004.

1. I'm pretty new here on TB, but i noticed that most of ya'll have been playing awhile. I was wondering what music projects have ya'll had the pleaure of working in? I've been playing bass about 6 years or so and other than playing in churches, the only band i've played in that took off was Something For Jess. (http://www.somethingforjess.com)
  2. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    A quick tally - came up with 19 different projects off the top of my head that actually played in public. Not counting pickup gigs and the like. No names anyone here would likely recognize, except by some fluke. And some of the names of my high-school era bands were pretty retarded, anyway. Come to think of it, the names of some of my recent bands have been pretty retarded, too...

:oops: :D

Hee! Thinking of some of those names gave me an idea for a cool/dumb band name thread. I might start it over in Gig Stories/Humor...
  3. I`ve played for only 3 "good" bands.
    The First "official" band:
    Inner Voices- I was only 14. We played a sort of Funk-Hard Rock. We played several gigs, and recorded a demo tape. But the guitar player was always tellin me, what to play, when, how, etc and I quit. Both guitar players are great friends o mine, and we still play togheter sometimes.

Masters Of Mayhem:
    My second "big" band. After I quit IV, i decided to make a new band. That was the biggest band i ever played. 2 Lp, 1 EP, four demos and more than 300 shows in 2 1/2 years... We played Funk-Rock-Grunge

My newest band. A Power Trio(w/me on vocals)- Currently writing stuff for the EP. We only played live a few times...

I`ve also play in less important bands

Buda`s Death: a nirvanaish band only played 3 times
    Paxtel: Alternative Rock. a darker Primus. Played once, and the guitar player moved to Chile
    Ozomatli: Something really strange. Basically, recorded Jams w/lyrics