1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What can't google do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Apr 28, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I just learned about www.scholar.google.com in Food and Nutrition, and I must say I'm impressed. Google is so wicked, it has all these neat functions. What are some other cool lesser known uses?

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    what can't google do?

it can't cook me up a short stack right now.

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I want some right now... oh ihop is open 24/7 !!!!!!!

4. its funny you say that, I'm beta testing google's food delivery service, where you select the food, and you open up your cdrom drive and there it is :)
    pancakes are the easy ones so far...But i am beta testing it for apple, and that cdrom drive is giving me trouble :)

5. www.gizoogle.com

not sure if it is an extension of google or not, but it still rules regardless!

One thing that google does not have:
    and Mp3 search. www.Altavista.com has one and it is godly once you get used to using it. I've been waiting for Google to get their own for a while, but they haven't

6. That is a GODSEND! it helps a hell of alot when looking for scientific reports and journal entries :D

7. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    Google can convert distances, weights, and currencies.

For example, type "120 lbs in kilograms" in the search bar and click "search".

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yup! I just found this out the other day. I used to use convertit.com, but now that I know Google does it I just use that. We need that at work all the time.

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    according to that, a gold supporting member here is a "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gold Blunt-rollin' Memba of TalkBass.com"

:D
    [/FONT]

10. http://www.ejbdotcom.net/content/1238.html

I typed in "video of virtual pancakes", hit "I'm Feeling Lucky" and this is what it came up with. Don't look like flapjacks to me, but cover 'em in syrup and I'd eat it.;)

Bob

11. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    That is really funny. :D

12. It also does math. just type in 9*14 and...bam! 126

13. +1

14. LMAO! What's that supposed to say?

15. It's killa yo!

Beats me man?
    Somebody get Snoop on down here and pour some bleach on it so us straight folk can hang.

Ha,..kind of reminds me of the movie Airplane when the old lady is translating "jive talk"

16. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Scroll down on that translation of the TB home page. They changed a username from 'Guy n. Cognito' to 'Homey n. Cognito'

Hahahahahahaha that's funny! :D

Edit: Politics n tha English language