1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What do you have that nobody else has?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Spent, Mar 14, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
  2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    A complete Fender set up, from strings to drivers. No one has a complete Fender setup. I'm not even sure there're still in business.

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Spent likes this.
  4. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New York
    Yamaha Attitude Custom. Anybody?

Edit: in metallic gray color.

Dan Bass likes this.
  5. I don't know if i'm the only one, but i've got two talented daughters that I gig with :)........ until they find a younger, more talented bass player. :eyebrow:

6. That's impressive. I'm glad you like it though. Also, I don't think I've ever seen any two people play through the same rig IRL. By that I mean just amp, but bass, strings and all, must be heck to find an exact duplicate.

7. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    My Great Grandfather's service revolver.

8. RoeyHaviv

RoeyHaviv

Apr 1, 2011
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Vigier guitars, Pigtronix Effects
    My Vigiers. 1992 Passion 3 prototype 5er (originally built for Alphonso Johnson) and a 2016 Excess first and only Matte Black one. image.

groucho, nixdad, WaynerBass and 3 others like this.
  9. Ohhhh. I just realised something that i'm the only person to have one of....

My Butcher Bass travel bass. Bought a Greg Bennett Corsair short scale and proceeded to cut away unnecessary wood and part of the headstock. The J pup is now redundant and I made a different route for the remaining controls. It actually plays pretty well, sounds decent, hangs on a strap better than you would expect and all up only owes me about Aud$140 (about $100 US).

20151031_505-2.

10. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    The ability to be happy with only 2 basses.

11. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I remember that thread, truly a unique instrument.

12. gsquare

gsquare Pedal Breeders' BIGBoardClub#104;CabronitaClub#8 Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Peoria, AZ
    Gretsch 6175 and 6176, matching fretted and fretless acoustics. I love 'em! Not sure if anyone else has a set.

blindrabbit likes this.
  13. Siegmund Micro Tube overdrive Pedal

efcsgmmtod_zpsvvcp4kdv.

14. Thanks Kathy. I took it to a mini festival in a small town (like really small 150 people town with 10 mile dirt roads to get there) last weekend and did a gig with my girls plus jammed around the campfire using the Roland Cube Street and it was just great. Good sound during the gig DI'd with a cheap Behringer bass DI and enough sound through the battery Cube for all acoustic jams. So much nicer than an ABG and much easier to pack. Ended up playing around 8 hours of music over two evenings.

15. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I bought it new on a whim in 1986, was a guitarist at the time. The music store had it by the door marked down to $350 IIRC. Apparently they were shunned (MIJ, different body, non traditional head stock). Several years later I recorded one 8 song demo with it and played it for about a year until I scored a Ric 4001. Allegedly the neck was designed to appeal to guitarist. It certainly appealed to me, turned me from a guitarist to a bass player. It's still in like new condition, not a mark on it.

blindrabbit likes this.
  16. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    A Lake Placid Blue 2015 MIA P bass. This thing in fantastic in every way.

upload_2016-3-15_10-22-38.

Susqmike and Templar like this.
  17. d-dave

d-dave

Oct 22, 2015
    Pikeville, KY
    Ho.
    Lee.
    Crap.

drool

I hate you.

RoeyHaviv likes this.
  18. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    I have a Hyundai electric guitar. I've not seen another one, though I'm sure they exist.

19. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    A mid 80s graphite necked Ibanez prototype with a neck built by Modulus.
    ...Ok maybe a FEW people have those as there were only 200 necks ordered from Modulus but the majority were guitars and not all were assembled into complete instruments.

A 9 string octave-baritone guitar. (Think short scale 12 string bass minus the E strings) i know It's the only one 'cause I made it.

20. audreycashin

audreycashin Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    long island, ny
    Bajo Clarkko likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.