1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What happened to Hadrien Feraud?!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bill_banwell, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill_banwell

bill_banwell Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Does anyone know what's going on with Hadrien? What's he up to? And any news on the release of the second album?

2. frankenjazz

frankenjazz

Jan 2, 2010
    I've seen a bunch of videos with him and Eric Moore, possibly the best new jazz/rock drummers around. It doesn't seem like he has done anything high profile since he got fired from Mclaughlin's band.

3. Jackie Clark

Jackie Clark

Oct 3, 2004
    Memphis
    Jackie Clark endorses Sire guitars, EBS amps and pedals,Evidence Audio,iGiG cases,Sire Marcus Miller V& jazz basses
    He's still working on his new release..a good friend of mine is playing sax on it! It's gonna be dope too...he's an excellent writer!

He's currently playing with Jada Pinkett...yep,THAT Jada Pinkett! hahaha!

Peace,
    JC

4. Jackie Clark

Jackie Clark

Oct 3, 2004
    Memphis
    Jackie Clark endorses Sire guitars, EBS amps and pedals,Evidence Audio,iGiG cases,Sire Marcus Miller V& jazz basses
    I meant to say Jada Pinkett-Smith! :)

5. He moved to L.A. as of recently, playing with the great guitarist Dean Brown

6. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    i suppose it will be worth the wait, im itching to hear it! howcome he got fired from mclaughlins band??

7. Port Tampa

Port Tampa

Apr 25, 2008
    Tampa, Florida
    I read that he "played too loud"...seriously

8. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    I thought it was "too many notes"

9. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    He can be seen often at The Baked Potato...

10. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    I'm not in america unfortunately :( just really itching to hear his new material with Eric Moore on drums and Ronald Bruner etc etc, but I don't know what's up to musically because he never updates his website, he doesn't have a active twitter or Facebook page..??

11. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Bump

12. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    He finally switched to guitar? :D

13. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    just found this video of him playing bass for some female singer in a music video, its actually quite cool, and hes got some nice melodic playing in the intro and bits... but hes playing a pick in some of it! :O haha

14. bass_study

bass_study

Apr 17, 2012
    Haha
    The most talented bassist in the world got fired

Or maybe because he plays faster than John McLaughlin?

15. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    I would certainly hope not. If he played faster that John, he wasn't playing the song correctly.

16. cat_saltnpepper

cat_saltnpepper

Aug 15, 2004
    Toronto
    As far as i know, he's keeping himself even busier than when he was in France, since his relocation to L.A., touring with Dean Brown and doing the session with people in L.A.

about his incident of 'getting fired by JM', there's the interview of Hadrien saying that he was bit immature and understand why he was let go from the group. I find his way of playing more tasteful then before, he just keeps getting better and better....scary IMO...

17. bass_study

bass_study

Apr 17, 2012
    I've heard that JM is a tough person too. Anyone with a little bit of ego will have problem with Hadrien stunning ability.

He is already so so talented. With his experience, he will become better and better.

18. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's ego to give someone a good job and want them to do the job the way you want them to do it? John McLaughlin doesn't take a back seat to anyone in abilities. That's just patently absurd. He's been legendary for it for 40 years now. And if he were jealous of Hadrien, he wouldn't have hired him in the first place. Nobody would know Hadrien if not for John McLaughlin. Hadrien's awesome but get a little perspective here.

19. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    +1

20. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Here's a tip for you and anyone else that do not seem to understand what is expected of you when you get hired for a gig. If the person that hires you tells you to turn down, turn up, turn off, that's what you do. If you can't follow directions, people won't hire you no matter how "stunning" your abilities may be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.