Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What happened to Lucas Pickford?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Feda, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Feda

Feda Screwed up pitch

Jan 12, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Anyone have some info on why lucaspickford.com is down and if it will be back up?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's working...

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Working for me too. But, this has happened to me before, usually it won't load for a bit, then I change hte url to his homepage, and it loads with all the links working.

*shrug*

4. GooseYArd

GooseYArd Guest

May 15, 2003
    Don't worry, he just forgot to pay his hosting fee :) He should be back soon.

WR if you're still around Boston, you should make the trip up to Salem. I take a lesson from him every other week or so, if you want a ride :)

5. He's the man... he's going through some rough stuff right now due to an injury to his hand, but the guy is still a monster of a player. I take lessons with him with the hope that some of his talent will find its way into me through osmosis or something.

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You know, I don't know anything about the man except that his website is a Godsend. Any recordings I should check out, or anything or the like?

7. He's got a jazz-fusion band called Blown Fuse, they released a CD a few years ago. There used to be links to some song clips on the website, I'm not sure if they are still there. The CD is great... his playing is virtuosic to say the least, but it's always musical and not robotic or technique-obsessed like a lot of guys with monster chops. I think you can still get the CD from CDbaby.com.

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yes you can

9. GooseYArd

GooseYArd Guest

May 15, 2003
    my only complaint about the Blown Fuse disc is that it belies the extent to which Pick can blow over changes. It is pretty staggering to listen to him play something like Giant Steps wide open.

He has a fully developed approach, kind of in the way coltrane approached playing changes but the basis of it is to go at chords chords through altered pentatonic scales derived from scales like the melodic minor modes, symmetric diminished. The articles on the site cover it but they're a little terse.