1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is it called?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by KyriacosKestas, Aug 28, 2012.

  1. KyriacosKestas


    Mar 20, 2012
    What is that kind of improvisation/jamming, where each player improvises for 4 measures, called? I often see this in blues forms and it is usually before and during the drummer solo. Does it have a specific name? Thank You.:)
  2. Ed Fuqua

    Ed Fuqua

    Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Trading 4's ( or 8's or 2's or whatever)
  3. KyriacosKestas


    Mar 20, 2012
    Thank You :)
  4. He beat me to it. They are fun to do during a jam session.
  5. and you don't have to stop abruptly at 4.......you can tail off and finish what your saying, even if it overlaps over the 4th bar.
  6. TroyK

    TroyK Moderator Staff Member

    Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    The barter system is alive and well.
  7. Commonly known as A Train Wreck.

Share This Page