Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What the hell is wrong with people?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bassic83, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Is it just me, or is the whole freaking world losing their minds? Last night I saw on the news where a mother suffering from Post-Partum Depression killed her 11 month old daughter BY CUTTING HER ARMS OFF!!! ***??? I was watching a basketball game the other nite, and a hockey game broke out!!! That lady who killed all her kids wants out of jail now, and the woman who ran over her husband not once, but 3, THREE times, wants a new trial! WTFWTFWTF??? :confused:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah....the world is a sick place. Some lady around here just got busted for starving two of her three children to death. The one that lived was old enough to fend for him/herself.

We had some dude in Seattle shoot an older woman in the face just to see what it would be like.

-Mike

3. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    This is not the world I grew up in. Not even close. It's nuttier than California!

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Humans are strange creatures. Do a little reading about history and you'd be amazed at the attrocities that have existed throughout recorded history.

5. When I read about the woman that cut the baby's arms off, I couldn't believe it. It's almost as though she didn't just want to kill the child, but make her suffer as well. :(

I can't figure it out. :rollno:

Mike

6. A few weeks ago up in central MS , a ways from where I live but still close to home, a 6 or 8(Im not sure) year old girl got hit by a car and the SOB just kept driving and never came back. The girl died last week after many weeks of intensive care . It pisses me off to think that this Dirty bastard just ran her over and never looked back, he'll never have to stand for his crime, that **** aint right.

7. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yes, this IS the world you grew up in, & it's ALWAYS been F'd up. You just started noticing....

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its not that our world is f-d up.

These people are clearly insane. Its just that way. Defective people have always existed. Now we have the news to tell us about them.

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    We need to make a new law.

You CANNOT plead insanity... or mental defect. Ever. Unless you were previously diagnosed with the condition, or 3 or more doctors can agree that you are sick.

All of the people mentioned in this thread should be shot in the head with a .22. A .22 round is about 12 cents.... keeping them alive, wasting my oxygen.. thousands of TAX PAYER dollars a year. They arent worth it.

Why the hell is manson still alive?

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Humans haven't changed, people. Same old, same old. Yup. Worse atrocities have happened hundreds of years ago than anything mentioned in this thread so far.

brad cook

11. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Trying not to get political... But the clear explaination is that the media selectively chooses these stories, whereas they didn't do so before.

12. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    BECAUSE PORTRAIT OF AN AMERICAN FAMILY WAS A REALLY GOOD ALBUM GODDAMNIT :mad:

mechanical animals was also amazing.

13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    +1

and dear God help us - Mike Money is trying to make laws now...

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    With the advancement of communication technology, the world is becoming a smaller place.

I still think it happens with more regularity than ever before. I'm 33, and I can remember hearing stories like this when I was 15. But not nearly as often as I do now.

-Mike

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I know the answer to the problem!

Lets kill everyone who has ever done anything mean!

16. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    son of a gun, we'll have some fun on the bayou.

17. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    in all seriousness, that's so true.

horrible, evil, depraved, insane etc stuff like this has been happening throughout history. in fact, MORE terrible things happened in the past!

slavery, child labour, killing of the first born, gladiatorial combat, crusades, medival genocide, subjegation (sp?) of women throughout history which led to probably millions of unreported rapes and abuse (look at historical novels, they are filled with tales of masters raping maids and no-one caring), a lot more pointless war over territory than there is now, opression of random peoples, imperialism ("this is our country now" "but we the race of indiginet people have lived here for millions of years" "ah yes, but do you have a flag?" "uh, no" "sorry, no flag no country"), forced mass labour, industrialisation at the expense of the union-less working class, purges, pogroms....

must i go on? :p

now we get all worked up about random instances of granted very terrible events, but in the past these kind of things happened just as often, if not more often than they do today. the only difference is that we never heard about it before the advent of the 'global village'.

in 1903, if a woman killed her baby and the authorities found out, it wouldn't get in the local paper, let alone the international press. terrible act as it may be, there have been crazy people doing this s**t for a long time. there's no increase, there's just an increase in reported cases.

18. odie

odie Supporting Member

19. and don't forget about the kid that killed a guy once "just to see if he could get away with it"

needless to say he got caught...