What was your FIRST TB thread??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JMacBass65, Nov 28, 2015.

1. I thought this might be fun, or I am incredibly bored and need to go play my bass, or fix the leaky faucet......

I found, fairly easily BTW, my first ever TB thread:

Help needed - Private Party Gigs

What was yours??

Not your first post, BTW. I'm looking for the first thread you ever started.

Mine, linked above, goes back to June of 2009, about six months after joining. I had posted a bunch, but never started a thread until I had a question about gig compensation.

Then, as now, I found this place to be a valuable source of info.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I apparently asked about putting an Urge II neck on a Fender for 24 frets... I don't recall the thread and looking back now I wonder why the hell I wanted to do such a thing... probably from when I used to play with my shredder buddy who swore by 24 fret necks.

Put an Urge II neck on Fender Precision???

JMacBass65 likes this.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  4. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    First thread and first post.

First Build, Performer Copy

First build as well.

Haven't looked back. And now I have 15 basses and three amps. I blame this place :p

5. Matt O

Matt O

Feb 19, 2013
    The Mitten
    DiabolusInMusic and JMacBass65 like this.
  6. LowNloud1

LowNloud1 Commercial User

Jun 11, 2012
    Wilmington NC
    I am a hobbyist making stone picks that I sell but mostly give away. They made me do this anyways.
    GregC, DiabolusInMusic and JMacBass65 like this.
  7. Photobassist

Photobassist

Dec 18, 2010
    Japan
  8. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
  9. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  10. Damn, nobody even said "welcome"......

So, welcome! :thumbsup:

11. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Thanks--I have stuck around--and had other threads replied to...

12. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Mine was a characteristically long-winded intro on January 19, 2010: Noob bassist in NH I did better than @zontar , three people said welcome, though only after three days and two of them are no longer active.

My first thread on an actual topic was a week later, a "wanted" ad in the classifieds trying to find the cheapest amp that would be loud enough to use in a band (not a cliche question around here, now, is it?): http://www.talkbass.com/threads/looking-for-an-affordable-jamming-amp.622851/ That actually did lead to me buying an Ampeg BA115HPT off a TBer who had also listed on the local CL.

13. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    hrodbert696 and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  14. 4001

4001 Inactive

Sep 29, 2004
    Lake County, IL
    Amp idea, your thoughts

Not one reply to my thread!:laugh:

I joined TB on 9/29/2004 but didn't post until 10/16/2009.....(five year lurker)

....never got any of that Ampeg stuff and instead went with GK and Mesa. Glad I did.

15. Honch

Honch Guest

Sep 7, 2006
    Best bass for Metal ? ;)

16. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Nobody didn't say welcome.

My first thread:
    Where's this here wire go?

17. So, how did the gig with your so work out, @hrodbert696 ? And has your wife come around at all? Balancing it all can be a challenge, I'm in much the same boat, but my wife tolerates a lot.

@organworthyplayer337 - So I'm reading your out and wondering how it will turn out - and you end up w/ both, that's awesome! :thumbsup: Very surprised I didn't chime in on that one. My vote woulda been 'Ray, FWIW.

organworthyplayer337 likes this.
  18. ColonelZulu

ColonelZulu Not Impressed By Those Who Flaunt “Authority” Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    DiabolusInMusic and JMacBass65 like this.
  19. Ha! I see what you did there.

zontar likes this.
  20. ofajen

ofajen

Apr 12, 2007
    92.4W 38.9N
    I'll spare you the link to my intro thread from 2007, but I found it interesting to see that I still had the AUB, which I sold about a year later, and then bought my second electric bass, a fretless Wishbass. At the time I also still had the Stick, which I finally traded a year ago after having it for 30 years.

No activity here until 2014, when I finally was forced to conquer the issues that kept me from playing the Wishbass (Ripper was in the shop) and posted my first real thread:

Wishbass issues - My approach

Lately I have been content to eq the Wishbass with a graphic eq module on my Korg PME board, which I normally run instruments through, so I can just tap it on when using the Wishbass. Mostly I shelf down from about 1K-4K by about 15 dB and then boost the lows about 6 dB/octave below 1K. Still using the Carvin humbucking J pickup.

Otto

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    JMacBass65 and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021