1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What would your life be like without a Cell phone ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 31, 2006.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

What would your life be like without a cell phone ?

2. well it would be a pain in the butt to get rides to my regular gig... also just contacting people in general. i guess id do less stuff...

3. lhoward

lhoward

Apr 27, 2003
    Western NY State
    Peaceful. I'd miss all those marketing calls, like the one that just came in as I was typing this.

:-(((

4. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I'd have to spend $0.50 on the pay phone.

Other than that, not much different.

5. A huge pain. I don't know how we got by without them.

6. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Largely the same. The only people that call me are my parents, work, and everyonce in a while, Gard.

Other than that, it remains unused.

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Yep, same here. Totally dependent on the dang thing!

8. I didn't even have a cell phone until recently, and I was sort of forced into getting it from my mom. I rarely ever use it, and I kind of hate using it anyway. I think I'd be happier without my cell phone. It is very useful sometimes though, so at those times I'm glad to have it.

No offense to anyone, but it really just disgusts me to see so many people glued to their phones, I don't know how they do that (although I am no better being glued to my computer I suppose, heh).

9. The communication aspect of my life would be much less convenient.

I basically use my cell phone as a location device; I'm not the kind to chit-chat on it for hours.

One of the main reasons I got a cell phone was because, in NYC it's was getting nearly impossible to find a pay phone that worked when you needed one. Most of the phones didn't work because of vandalism or poor maintenance. You'd frequently find phones with these problems:
    1.) No handset.
    2.) Handset in 2 pieces.
    3.) Money would go in the top, come straight out the bottom.
    4.) Gum or some other sticky substance jammed in coin slot.
    5.) Phone seemed to work, until your party answered and then couldn't hear you.

And the ones that did work would often have a line of two people or more waiting to use them.

It's also invaluable to have in a car if you breakdown.

Mike

10. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    same pretty much. i don't use my cell much at all. i use it just as i would use a regular landline telephone.

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Tough.
    Text messages are the one way my girlfriend and I can keep in touch being apart with me at school.

Speak of the Devil, there's a text from her!

-mark

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I think I am the only Person on Long Island who does not own one of these things ! :D

13. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I don't have a land line anymore. I feel naked without the cell. I don't chat endlessly on it, though.

14. +1...I dont really use mine much (only like 200-300 minutes a month) but theyre a good thing to have in college, especially if you dont have a phone in your dorm room, or arent there much.

15. same as it is now. i dont have or want a cell phone.

16. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    i wouldn't have a life. :bawl:

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I take advantage of the benefits from owning one. A very small group of people call me, so it would not be a big deal if I did not have one.

At my old IT job, it was vital for me to own one. I would not have been able to perform my job without one.

-Mike

18. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    My pants would be slightly lighter.

19. I don't know what my life is like with a cellphone.

20. Incomprehensible!

I actually don't have a cell phone. Are they really so popular that it's not even a question if someone has a cell phone?