What's numero uno on your GAS list?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sarnz, Jan 23, 2009.

1. sarnz

sarnz

Oct 6, 2008
    This is a strat... but I photoshopped it real quick (it was only the body painted, rosewood neck, white pickguard)

I want a precision in this exact look. my god, would that be awesome.

fiestared.gif

2. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Killer thread idea. The first and utmost thing I want is a Markbass Tube Little Mark 800. I really like everything I've seen about that amp, can't wait for it to be available in the States.

3. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    By the way I just realized we are in "Basses" forum, but I've cured my bass GAS so I had to put the amp I wanted up. Hopefully that's cool.

4. I'm waiting for the Fender MIM models with the maple fretboard to come out. I'll be getting a precision for sure and who knows, maybe another jazz.

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    33" scale 6 string Ken Lawrence Chamberbrase II with 16.5mm string spacing and 26 frets.....that's the dream for sure.

6. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Nice to see someone else who digs 16.5 spacing. With all the 19mm guys around here I feel like a freak...

I really don't have any bass GAS, though I'm almost gassing for a Zon TJ 5 - if I could justify spending that kind of cash, then I'd have GAS for it for sure. But I can't, so I don't...

7. sadowsky Will Lee bass but can only afford a sx jazz with maple fingerboard (sx sjb 57 vyw)

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Roscoe SKB3005 w/20mm spacing at the bridge, 34" scale, Bart/Bart electronics, ash body, etc, etc.

9. your mom

(j/k)

10. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Edwards Tetsu Signature Jazz

11. sarnz

sarnz

Oct 6, 2008
    c'mon guys, you gotta post some pics!

and my mom is not a bass. my bass has a volume knob.

12. HAHA... well played, sir.

well played.

Like ole whats-his-face up there, I could use another one or seven basses, but what I really want now is a nice new rig setup.

I'm too lazy to go searching for pics, sorry. Suffice to say, a nice and powerful head sitting on top of a sweet a55 cab would do me just fine.

yep.

- kdiggity -

13. An analog synthesizer, with knobs, sliders & stuff like that there. I'm workin' on it...

14. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Blue with matching headstock, white pearl guard, maple neck/board Sterling! Pretty bass and sounds fantastic.

15. jjddcc

jjddcc

Nov 13, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Chris Squire's own personal 1964 Rick will do for a start. Toss in something collectible while you're at it, like Gene Simmon's axe bass. As far as attainable stuff...a nice Rick in a retro pastel blue or mint will suffice.

16. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hey, you play Doumbek! I don't have it here, it's at a friend's studio, but I have the most beautiful Doumbek....you wouldn't believe it. If I can remember, the next time I go by there I'll take a picture of it.

17. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    This is my numero uno my list. My wife gave me the okay to buy a Fodera so I hope I can snag this one. :bassist:

DSC02484.gif
    DSC02522.gif

18. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Thought I probably won't pull the trigger, I'm GASin' for a '70s style J-bass with blocks and binding. I almost grabbed a Fender '75 RI on impulse, and may yet go that route.

19. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Right now... Zon TJ5 -or- Zon Vinny 5

(Choices are subject to change)

20. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    Rickenbacker 4001c64 Fireglo!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021