What's numero uno on your GAS list?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sarnz, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I've gone just the opposite route---I used to swear by 17mm spaced 5 and 6 strings. But now, my playing has changed (slapping a lot more, for one), and I'm finding myself most comfortable on wide spaced 5's. Funny how that works.

2. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    Why would you have that when you could have this?
    [​IMG]

3. Well if I could afford that ...

4. I was in a high end bass store today. Bass Specialties. If you told me I could have any one bass there, I would have to try most of them and would have trouble deciding, I'm sure. I was digging on the Sadowskys, Valentis, Foderas, Elrick, etc. I also think this Wilkins Jazz bass looked pretty amazing too.

5. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    The new Steve Harris signature Fender. The price sucks though.

6. IdealWay

IdealWay

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheville, NC
    [​IMG]

*drool*

7. I don't think there's anybody here that could afford THAT. Entwistle could have sold all the basses on the wall that he displayed during "The Kids are Alright." and still not satisfied what she'd ask for in a pre-nup.

8. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mmmmm.

9. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    Number one GAS will always be:
    buzz1sid.jpg
    Status Graphite Buzzard 1

10. I am dying to get a Zon Legacy Elite 4 string Fretless quilted maple single soapbar, that my dream

and if i save up enough money, i might be able to convince my parents to pay for the other half of it as my graduation/ acceptance into berklee gift :)

this is probably the most similar pic
    main.php?g2_view=core.jpg

11. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I'd love to stimulate the economy via one of Sheldon Dingwall's five-strings! :D

Attached Files:

12. Thorsoundcore

Thorsoundcore Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2009
    NYS
    epi thunderbird pro.

13. TheChristoph

TheChristoph

Jul 21, 2008
    I've been wanting to get my hands on an Aerodyne P for some reason. The look intrigues me. I know you don't play looks, but what the hell.

14. A high quality fretless holeless acoustic 5 string.

I played a Godin.. if it were better would have plunked down the $1000 for it

15. derelicte

derelicte

Dec 25, 2007
    NJ/NYC
    There's a trans-white Nordy VJ5 on here with blocks on a killer birdseye maple fb that i've been seriously lusting for a while now.. wondering if i should use my acoustic guitar savings to cure that GAS.

The only thing stopping me is knowing that GAS cannot be cured, not even by Chuck Norris' tears

16. No more GAS! ..... for awhile - I ordered it from Sweetwater 2 weeks ago, and just waiting for it to come in - they said they'll send it the same day they get it ..... :hyper:

I'll let ya know ..... :D

17. Pedulla?

Pedulla? Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    An F Bass BN6. Mmmmm... (daydream).

18. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    My numero uno does not exist.

But as far as gas goes.

Non existant: EBMM Stingray 4 string, Black Stingray 5 Style Pickguard, Black control Knobs, Black Body W/ Matching Headstock, String through body.

But I will settle for A black Stingray 5 with the available features

19. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    W3RD