1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When tattoos make you look ridiculous

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crow01, Sep 19, 2008.

1. One of the things I like about bass guitars is collecting and playing them. However, after a few years some of the allure weakens to the point where I want to sell or trade them for something else. Tastes in design, tone, and what have you, have a way of changing over time. What I like today may not necessarily be what I enjoy tomorrow.

Few of us are the same person we were 20 years ago. Change is inevitable.

Unlike bass guitars, tattoos are a much more permanent fixture that's not easily disposed of, especially if you have a lot of them.

:)

2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK
    In order to distinguish myself from society and to look truly unique I have decided I am not getting a tattoo.

3. You won't fit in at any trendy bars.

Mike

4. The sad thing is, this is true :(

5. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    Wear some white and flash some cash, you'll fit anywhere.

6. kydnav

kydnav

Jun 24, 2006
    Netherlands
    It is? Ah doody! I never meant for that to happen! :meh:

7. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK
    Yeah, but not because of my lack of tattoos.

8. I can look perfectly ridiculous withOUT extra help from my tattoos, thank you very much :smug:

l_639de92895884f66ac71a586d7582a96. (haha this was taken when the Phelps Church decided to spread their hate in my town... we literally ran them out of town)

My mom woke the next day to find this picture in the local paper... she said she had never been so proud and embarrassed of/for me :D

9. and nowhere near as useful as a bass in the interim.....

10. You can say the same thing about makeup, certain clothing, haircut, what car someone drives etc...

Tattoos and piercings are body adornments. People get them for various reasons spanning from the opposite ends of the spectrum ranging from spiritual to purely aesthetics.

Some people get it to celebrate a passing of time and troubles and some people get them like how they buy a pair of new shoes.

People know of the permanency and that has its appeal. Those with ears stretched know they will have hanging skin from their ears for their whole life without surgery and they don't mind.

It doesn't matter to me as long as it makes them happy and fills a void because who am I to say and pass judgement on another person's decisions on how they dress themselves.

11. Hi Lady. In my years of experience when a senior does acquire their first tattoo at that age, the younger tattooed generation (from teens to parents) have always responded with "Awesome!" and support. Never have I seen a tattooed person thinking less of tattoos in general under this situation.

And to those commenting on 'oh what would they think in a few years when their body starts to sag/gain some weight etc.' - I'm sure people already know and are okay and comfortable enough with their own body and accept it just as we all accept the passing of time and aging. Again, if they're okay with it, we should be okay with it and not pass judgement on their 'old, wrinkly, saggy and coloured skin'.

12. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    A lot of sense in this post methinks...

13. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    sneetches.

Dr. Suess would have loved this thread.