Where to Get 1 Pot, 1 Cap?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TheEmptyCell, Aug 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I want to replace the tone control on my Dingwall SPJ5.

I need to get 1 CTS or Bourns 500k Audio taper pot, and a .047 cap.

Where does one go to get these two puny items for a reasonable item cost and shipping cost? Prices are too on Amazon, or they're selling in multiples and I have absolutely, positively zero need for extras or the hassle or reselling the extras.

I'll check the local shop tomorrow, but they'll likely be the wrong value or taper or just be absurdly expensive.

2. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Mouser or eBay are places you can just buy single parts

3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Reedt2000 likes this.
  4. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Killed_by_Death likes this.
  5. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

A former Gibson employee turned me on to Mojo Tone. He buys all his hardware from them for his Tele style handmade guitars (from scratch).

They also sell build your own amp kits.

6. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks guys, Mojotone seems to have what I want. GuitarElectronics would be my go-to for a larger order, I used them a lot previously, but their prices and shipping for smaller orders are a little high.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 19, 2021