1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which 2x15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pullman?, Apr 27, 2010.

1. hey guys, I recently found that i love the sound of 15 inch speakers, but now its just a matter of finding a good one. I am looking for a single 2x15 cab. Which would you recommend?

2. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    if you are serious about a 2x15 try out Fenders is kills!

3. Mesa Boogie !

4. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Electro-Voice B215-M
    Two old school 15's and a single 6 with attenuator:

3a1e7ee1-df89-4f06-952c-cbd9e34afc80-000001.

I just picked one up a few months ago from a fellow TB'er and it sounds sweet. Don't expect low frequency slam out of it but they have a wonderfully rich midrange and these cabinets are very loud. These are also the same drivers (EVM-15L's) found in the older versions of the Mesa/Boogie Diesel 2x15 cabinets that everyone loves so much.

They seem to go for about $300 - $400 these days but you'll almost certainly have to find one local - at 117 lbs it won't be cheap to ship.

5. i just picked up a trace 1528 for cheap and it sounds great. deep DEEP lows and a good midrange punch. only problem is living on the 3rd floor.... so yeah i'd suggest you have a look at some trace stuff, but as already stated, ive heard good things about both mesa and fender.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A used mesa Deisel 215 can be had for around $400, and it's a total kick-a cab. A used bergantino NV215 would be a step up, but for more money.

7. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Bergantino NV215 - 2 x 15 with a 6" midrange tweeter. Sealed cab. 4 ohms. 90 lbs or so. Totally awesome.

8. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I agree Fenders is kills ! I have the 215-Pro (4 Ohms) its a real tank, front metal grill and rear recessed wheels. It does cost as much as the Ampeg 810E (about $999) but its worth ImO.......:cool:

9. MrBEAR

MrBEAR In Memoriam

10. muddycreek

muddycreek

Feb 26, 2010
    Too bad it'd be prohibitive to ship- a Marshall dynamic bass system just popped up here on Craigs for $150. It's almost a crime not to go buy it.

(edit) I mean the 215 cabinet...

11. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    not just sayin it cause i have one....the NV215 really is the nicest cab i've ever played and i've owned many, including a nv610. quickest 15's i've ever heard.

12. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    This. My god, I had never heard my 71SVT scream and thunder like the day I brought that home. Last cab purchase I'll ever make. You can find them used from time to time, got mine here on TB.

13. I don't know how it sounds, never played through one, but I will say the new Fender 215 cabs do look cool.

14. Love those old EV cabs. I've always been a huge EV fan. If they had
    215 bass cab in their current lineup, I would have bought it.

Instead, I went with the Fender 215 PRO. I've had it since last July and
    can say whole heartedly that I love it.

IMG_5465s.

15. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    I know it's not popular, but for massive bang for the buck look for an old peavey 215 bw. That cab can handle all the grunt from an svt or GK. Pure awesomeness.

16. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

The new Schroder Vertical 2x15 is very nice.
    Markbass Classic 215 rocks.
    But the Bergantino, NV215 is the best I've ever played.

17. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    how is the Bergantino, NV215 getting all the votes for best 2x15 when it is a sealed cab....:D

18. I see alot of respect for the Berg, where would I be able to purchase one? If its too hard to get ahold of I might lean towards the Fender.

19. I have a old Peavey 215 with Eminence Legend's and insulation and I am very happy with it. If I were using it as a standalone I would want to put a 6 inch speaker in it for my taste.
    When I added the insulation It seems that I lost a little bit of the highs but the rest of the cab did smooth out considerably.