1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which bass wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unemploid, Nov 5, 2013.

1. i played the crybaby bass wah. it sounded better than it did in videos online, like all pedals do. people say this is the wah to get, it's the best. what do you guys think? which wah do you use or recommend?

2. I have an old Tel-Rey era Morley Power Wah Fuzz. It's from the late 70's / early 80's. The fuzz function doesn't sound that great, but the wah sounds awesome. It has a great range and the pedal is built like a tank. These wah's along with Morley's power wah boost, are pretty easy to get online. I'd highly recommend one.

3. sounds cool i'll look it up.

4. bmxican33

bmxican33

Sep 17, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    My question is, why a wah for bass? Im not against it, but just why? Haha its not nessisary for my genre, but yeah. I was thinking about buying one to try, but what is the use of a bass wah?

5. FourNotFive

FourNotFive

Dec 30, 2011
    Ohio
    +1 for the Morley PWF. Huge sweep in the wah, handles low end and acts as a volume pedal when the wah is off. The fuzz is actually pretty cool for overdriven harmonic feedback on a tube head if that's your cup of tea. The PWB has boost instead of fuzz and may be more useful in most applications.

6. Neither is flanger...or octave...or fuzz...or practically any other effect you can think of. But they all have a purpose for their respective genres. So, really, you answered your own question. Its not necessary for YOUR genre, but it may well be for another.

Personally, I use my Dunlop 105Q wah for my stoner/sludge project together with my fuzz. It works a dream when we cover Sleep's "Dragonaut" or Electric Wizard's "Funeralopolis".

Admitedly, I haven't tried other wah pedals apart from the Dunlop 105Q so I can't compare it to others. What I can say is that it has great response on bass and absolutely rocks if you have some sort of dirt pedal running before it.