1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which one???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bronsonelliott, Aug 19, 2012.

1. FrednBass

FrednBass

Feb 24, 2012
    The sunburst.

2. Thurb

Thurb

Jun 19, 2012
    The Fender is marginally better than the Squier at thrice the price

3. bootsox

bootsox

Apr 28, 2012
    Biloxi, MS
    The sunburst. it's more money but in all honesty that's pocket change for a fender. Not to mention that depending on it's condition you could sell it later on for probably closer to $400. the Squier you'd be lucky to get $120 out of

4. Portphilia

Portphilia

Jun 8, 2012
    SATX
    The sunburst for sure!

5. If your a tour musician the squier if not then the fender

6. Airskank

Airskank

Jun 17, 2011
    Fwiw the squier is a mik. It's probably very close in quality to a mim. I'd still probably go with the mim though.

7. Why don't you bust out $500 and get em both?! :p

Levity aside, I can't really say much. I'd advise you to try both out if you can. You never know what issues either one might have.

8. bronsonelliott

bronsonelliott

Apr 14, 2011
    So what is the differences in the different "Made in..." models? It seems Made in America is top of the line, but what makes it top of the line and what are the differences and "order" of the Made In's from there?

Just something I've never understood or saw posted anywhere.

Thanks for the input everyone. I was definitely leaning towards the Fender just because it's Fender but looking for a little validation I guess.

9. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    I know fo sure the MIM Fender is an alder body and, being so recent, probably with quality neck and overall craftsmanship (not so granted, say, ten years ago from Ensenada)

The MIK Squier seem to be a "standard" series as well. CII standards were in agathis (kinda indonesian pine), but with very different finishings
    If this MIK is in a different tonewood (basswood or alder) I'd bet for a better craftsmanship than present indonesian, and I'd be more indecisive. Infact the pictures show a distinctive quality instrument, instead of a poor quality one.

I agree with the one suggesting you to try out both, if only you can.

Cheers,
    Wallace