Which sansamp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 6stringvince, May 10, 2012.

1. I've been trying to figure which is the best option between the Bass Driver DI, the Para Driver, or the VT Bass. I'm just looking for a little flexibility in tone, and for DI recording Any thoughts on how they compare?
    Thanks in advance.

2. if you must have a DI, i guess the bass driver is very popular.

i like the VT bass. i can just go from the 1/4" output straight to a mixing desk and it's no problem. otherwise i go to my head and then the DI out from the head.

the VT is very sensitive. small turns of the knobs will make huge changes. after playing around with it, you'll be able to dial in the sounds you like, as long as you like Ampeg sounds. the distortion is not bad either.

3. I have the BDDI (love it) but have heard great things about the Para (and it better control of mids). The VT is a stomp box not a DI but I'm sure it sounds great in front of an amp. The VT doesn't seem versatile though.

4. I've read the DI has no mid control, and the Para does, what about the VT?

5. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

I've been using the PBDDI for 4 years and still don't see myself playing without it. I know its sometime criticized for its lack of mids control, but it's never been an issue for me (the manual is quite helpful) and I love the fact I can have 3 tone presets (the deluxe version offers 6) and use pretty much all of them. It's at the end of my chain, so I can use the DI without losing the effects. I also have the Paradriver, which I use for acoustic guitar. I use is as DI mostly. Wouldn't play without that one either.

6. alimas2005

alimas2005

Apr 5, 2012
    The BDDI is set up in a way that cutting your bass and treble will boost the mids. I love the tone it gives me. Plus the bass I use also has an active 2 band eq... great stuff!

7. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

Oct 23, 2011
    Also the PBDDI have and XLR out pad (-20 dB) plus a 1/4 out boost (+10dB). Very useful features for a preamp/DI.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021