1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why do people say Metalcore is good?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Fretlessthrash, Nov 5, 2013.

1. So I've been wondering a lot lately at why people actually think metalcore, post-hardcore, etc. are good. I just don't understand how people can think that open E's and breakdowns are musically talented. All it takes is a monkey to hit an open E a bunch of times, and every breakdown is that same. The screaming doesn't help either, just makes it even worse, and you can't even understand what they're saying. Someone please explain to me why people have this mind set.:help::help::bassist:

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    i-like-turtles.

3. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    why do people like anything?

4. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Why do so many losers living in mommys basement ask dumb ass questions. Then you look at the join date and find out its the day of the post.
    Get a life already.

5. Will you dang kids TURN THAT RACKET DOWN? And while you're at it, GET THE $@*# OFF MY LAWN!!!

6. Maz

Maz

Jan 9, 2011
    Albuquerque
    People think metalcore is good?

Get better people around you.

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Why do people think eggs are good?

I think they smell like farts.

Different strokes.

8. SidMau

SidMau

Sep 3, 2012
    Someone has a very narrow-minded view of music, its purpose, and why it exists.

9. hail

hail

Nov 7, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Why do people like Bob Dylan? He just plays the same 3 chords over and over again. And his squawking doesn't do anyone any good! It's not even real singing!

10. SidMau

SidMau

Sep 3, 2012
    Why would anyone like jazz!? Its just a bunch of people with instruments playing random notes and chords that don't even make sense!

11. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    People like different things. I don't know how else to explain it.

Personally, I don't care for lyrics so it doesn't matter what they are saying. I don't like much "-core" music but I enjoy music with good rhythms which this stuff has plenty of.

12. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've never heard anyone say that...

dunno.

13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

This thread is having a.... BREAKDOWN!!!!

:bassist:

^ He is chugging the open E in different rhythmic variations as we speak.

14. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Why do people say Metalcore is a good name classification for music?

15. Why not? I truly just can not take the utter crap that plays on the radio, and no offense to anyone who DOES like it, but it's just bland and repetitive. I know of a band that managed to cover over 20 songs with the same chord progression. It's on youtube, I believe it's called The Four Chords or something like that.

I'm into metal, not necessarily "core" as most of that usually turns out to be close to all the others, because it's what I find appealing. That and bananas :D (haha.) It wasn't just OH I LIKE THIS! when I first heard metal. I went through punk, rock, post hardcore, and then got to metal and went, Hey, that's good!

16. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Either 15 or 50

17. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Pointless thread is pointless.

18. What is Metalcore?

19. SidMau

SidMau

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait, I think we ALL misunderstood the OP big time. This thread is in the bassists section, so there is obviously some bassist who goes by the name "Metalcore" while we all mistook said bassist as the genre of the same name. By deepest apologies to Mr. Metalcore if he/she ever reads this. And OP, would it be possible for you to point us in the direction of Metalcore's music? I can't seem to find any of their work? Are they a solo artist or part of a band - if the latter, what might their band's name be?

I hope this cleared up any confusion :bassist:

20. thebass905

thebass905

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh boy.... This gets to be my first "you must be new hear!" response. Before I get to your question, I'd like to point out a few things- here on TB, we try to be a fairly polite, informative and close knit community. Posts like this that blatantly send up the musical worth of a specific genre (whether intended or not) often times will offend a lot of people. Maybe you are truly curious about what the appeal of metalcore is, but I think to get real answers, you may want to phrase it more politely! Otherwise, all you'll get is comments like the one you have received so far... usually inane or equally as rude or snarky comments that are more in response to your tone, than your actual post. Not to lecture, or sound "holier than thou" but I truly want you to get good information, and the best out of Talk bass :)

Now your question, I believe the TRUE enjoyment in metalcore comes from the raw emotion people feel from it. Its not about technical facility (though some guys CAN really shred) as much as it is about energy, intent, and the connection that people make to the emotional and angry element of the music. But that's just my two cents!