why is this sooo cheap?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Frostytoaster2, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Frostytoaster2

Frostytoaster2 Guest

May 24, 2005
    i came across this, and wonderd why it is so chaep compared to everything else?
    ive only been playing for 7 months and dont know much, but from the specs it looks like quite a good deal.
    i did hear some rumors that not many people like this make on TB.
    well some opinions would be gd, thanx :)
  2. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Came across what?

3. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    I don't think you included the name of the product you would like us to respond to. ??
  4. I find that to be a mighty fine toaster! It browns evenly and it won't make the crust chip your teeth.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    But seriously what are you talking about? There must be a missing link.
  5. Frostytoaster2

Frostytoaster2 Guest

May 24, 2005
  6. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
  7. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    The reason it's so cheap is because it's crap.
  8. Frostytoaster2

Frostytoaster2 Guest

May 24, 2005
    well thats what i thought, but maybe a quick summary of why???? i hav the basic understanding of cabs, not really amps though
  9. nasaldischarges

Jun 11, 2005
    hey...i play that behringer head...

It sounds quite fine actually.
  10. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Its not crap...I mean, Behringer sounds alrite to me, jsut those aluminum cones arent too good (IMO, don't like it too bright)

Then again, thats about $700 for everything for me, so I don't think its cheap.
  11. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I've not played this Behringer product. You'll find this is a product line that bothers some folks here due to their semi-blantant stealing of other companies design and engineering. Go play one, if you like it, then good for you. Plenty of folks do. They are definately not audiophile gear, but plenty of guys seem to use them and be happy about it.

Search "behringer" here, and check out the results.
  12. i think the behringer cabs is really good for the price actually. i cant tell you anything about their heads cus i never played one.. but the bb series cabs are defenatley worth the money..

btw i'm not just a punk that doesn't know what im talking about i've gigged on some high end stuff..
  13. jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    hey man, dont let anyone knock behringer, that is worth the money(even though it isnt much), most of the people on this forum have highend, EXPENISVE rigs, but umm for the money, behringer does everthign that I need it to do. I own a behringer and its GREAT. enough said

14. Snarf: Come on man.. Frostytoaster2 obviously is not aware of all the Behringer bashing, and your reply is a first impression. If you're gonna say it's "crap", tell him exactly why you think it's crap.. No offense..

Frostytoaster2: I own that BX3000T head and like it. It's inexpensive, and has worked nicely for me. Yes, it is not expensive, and some people have had problems with them. Some people have a very bad attitude about Behringer, but that's another story.I've been gigging with mine for about a year, and it's working nicely. Not bad for the price.

Cabinet: I cannot comment on the aluminum-cone 10s. If it were me, I'd look at the 4x10 paper-cone Behringer cab. They look just like the one you've shown, with different drivers. Probably the same price too.

15. Frostytoaster2

Frostytoaster2 Guest

May 24, 2005
  16. without just saying "behringer sucks" i will say...

behringer products are made cheaply, using cheap parts. The capacitors in this amp are cheap, the transistor in this amp is cheap, etc.

I'm not going to tell you not to buy it, but i'm going to give you my experience on cheap gear.

First of all, i'm guessing youre from the UK?

I used to play a laney head which to be honest, had a similair if not (IMO) better sound than the behringer. I thought it was great for a while, but my playing improved, i bought a new bass, etc. and i started noticing certain things lacking. In the end I sold it, saved up, and bought a much more powerful rig with greater tonal versatility and response. It isn't till you own something so much better till you realise what you used to have!

I always wish I had saved myself the money of buying my cheaper equipment, and just used it to save up and buy something better! It would have saved me hundreds of quid in the long term!
  17. Frostytoaster2

Frostytoaster2 Guest

May 24, 2005
    well im savin up for a warwick vampyre and so after that am buying a new amp, but with not much money, i was just lookin at fairly cheap stuff, what i kinda want is something that can play over 100w guitar amps, be fairly portable and in my price range (£350 -£450 ish), i was lookin at the peavey tnt, which looked quite good considering the reviews and comments.
    any sugestions on that?, oh yer forgot to mention, the reason why im askin is cus i havnt really got many places to go and play equipment, ive got 1 small shop, and a couple of friends, that dont have much stuff.
  18. i'd say youre better off with a peavey!

do you practise in your own space, or in a rehearsal studio? and if its in a studio, is there a bass cab you could use there?

I'm very much inclined to suggest spending all the available money on a head and leave the cab for the moment, but if you use your own space you will need a can anyway.

what kind of music do you play?
  19. Frostytoaster2

Frostytoaster2 Guest

May 24, 2005
    well i have an amp at school which i use to play with my band, but its not really loud enough, there r no other amps there can use. i also take it to band practise during the hols at my m8's house which is why i need summink fairly portable (like the peavey).
    at home i have a small practise amp which i use
    we play punk/rock, but are slowley starting to drop D and convert to metal
  20. hmmmm.... its a tough one. Although i dont like them personally, i'd recommend buying a peavey set up over a behringer amp. Try looking 2nd hand, you get more for your money! just make sure it works fine and youre sorted.

Once you have that, play in your band lots, and practise lots! Then in a few years you will be on here asking whether you should buy a 70's ampeg SVT or a Mesa Boogie 400+!!

Beware of wanting too much, i am poor and in debt because I always want to buy new gear.