Whys is Fieldy so disrespected on TB????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The modifier, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive seen countless threads people bashing on how Fieldy, how all the click clack gets on your nerves, yes he might not be the most skilled bassist by far, even ill admit he never goes past the 12th fret on the A and D dropped strings and half the time hes not even playing notes but just muting the strings and using them to create "clicks" but geez if he made it that far just by trying a certain technique that no other band that ive heard uses, maybe that leaves some hope for the rest of us:), seriously though I see how people also rant about how hes a drugee or a drunk but really what does that have to do anything with his bass playing, I even saw a post were a certain TB member went as far as to say that he was happy that he would live longer than Fieldy(utter lies unless you have a fricking time machine which will allow you to see the future), What does that even have to do with HIS BASS PLAYING, seriously though his sound might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he hasnt done anything as bad as to deserve the disrespect he gets around here, and for the few of us that do like his sound and actually incorporate it into our bands rock on!!!!!:bassist: ( yes I know some of you say im never going to be taken as a serious musician by using his sound and style, but if I had been wanting to become a "serious musician" I would have stayed in our high school band playing and learning things I hated, personally I now play what floats my boat and thats good enough for me:D)

2. Who?

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    +1. Who is this "Fiedly" character you speak of?

Maybe he just needs to change his battery?

4. :D

Meh, I jumped on the "I hate Fieldy" bandwagon once or twice, but the truth is I really don't care. If you dig it, it shouldn't mater what everybody else thinks.

Now, go clickity clackity your bass till your hearts content. ;)

5. Just caught that. LOL One of TB's best threads.

6. :D

7. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I don't hate Fieldy as an individual as much as I hate Korn as a band...

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    He's a percussionist.

Bassists are jealous that he's at the level that he's at for the skill he has (shows on record/live). AKA, he's rich and famous while TBers excellent bassist playing at dive bars. :)

Some people's parents never told them that if they had nothing nice to say, not to say anything at all.

Because he can't play. :)

9. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks for that Nino. Hit the nail on the head

10. You mean because he can't play the way YOU choose to play, I dont see exactly what you mean by "he cant play" as seeing as even his "percussionist" style does require you to produce that sound out of the bass, althought I can emulate his sound just as well with a baby rattle :D (even I cant help it sometimes) still I can't get enough of that rattle click mayhem:bassist:

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I like Korn. Not a huge fan but I like em. Fieldy fits the band. I don't like him or hate him. I don't consider that he does in Korn as bass playing. He's a percussionist.

The He can't play comment was more of what the jealous masses like to throw around in the Fieldy thread I've read.

12. I see, Korn wouldnt be Korn withouth fieldy, regardless wether his style is considered bass playing or percussion I love it, thats not to say I limit my playing to only that single style, but im a big fan of it and I love it.

13. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'm not a fan of his playing to be honest or his tone, but what sticks in my craw is how 15 year old kids think he's the greatest bassist or how he himself sometimes shares in that idea as well.

I think he's a mediocre player at best, but I could care less. I don't listen to his music and he's still making millions off of kids who shop at Hot Topic.

14. shamus63

shamus63

Dec 17, 2005
    San Mateo, CA
    I like korn flakes.

15. No way in great hell is he the best bassist ever, I see were youre coming from, and now that that I think about it kind of pisses me off too that some of them actually compare him to truly amazing bassist such as Les Claypool.

16. Still I dont think hes entirely responsible for their thoughts, they just dont know any better, I myself used to be one of them ( never shopped at hot topic though) I like Korn and his style, I agree hes not talented in any way, his tone and sound are just different which is what I like, peoples choice to idolize him are their decisions so its not really up to him, although he does like to feed the pig a lot with all that official "Korn" merchandise.

17. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I lol'd. Hard.

I don't think Les Claypool is very good either. I think he should take lessons so he plays in tune more than 30% of the time.

18. Well Primus and Les are my biggest inspirations, reason why I picked up bass in the first place, love em.

19. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    We gotta work on your debate skills.

20. dangerkirk

dangerkirk

Mar 31, 2008
    Owensboro, Ky
    Fieldy makes my poop sick.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.