Wierd al

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Feb 17, 2006.

1. I was just watching his parody of the red hot chili peppers. funny stuff right there. What do you think of him?
  2. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    he still makes me laugh. "cant watch this" is the best parody ever.
    it's from the off the deep end album. i saw him open for the monkees in 1987 at chastain park.
  3. I like him...I had his "bad hair day" cd which is pretty funny imo
  4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    his songs/videos make me laugh the first 3 or 4 times i see them, then after that it gets old on me.

5. I think I saw that same tour at the MN State Fair.

I used to think he was a lot funnier than I do now. After about 2 listens, his songs get very old.
  6. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    he'll always hold a place in my heart.

7. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nothing beats Eat It or Fat in my book. Best parody artist out there! I've liked him since my childhood.
  8. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    He's a lot more serious a songwriter than he gets credit for. Some of the stuff he comes up for that isn't a direct parody is genius. And most of the parodies are at least okay.

I'm a fan.
  9. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    right on

10. FIRST CONCERT EVER too bad he got laser eye sugery
  11. matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    I've always liked him. I think that would be a good gig as well, a challenge to cover all those styles.
  12. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Weird Al kicks a....

I've liked him from the first time I heard him. It's obvious he puts a lot of work into his parodies, they are both funny, and flawless in so many ways. I still laugh out loud whenever I think about the Smells like Nirvana video when they're throwing the bodys around the gymnasium.
  13. My favorite songs that weird al wrote was "I remember Larry" and "since you've been gone" I love those songs!
  14. oathbass462

oathbass462 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    heh i once heard that wierd al took his own life. and i believed it.
  15. I love Weird Al. The summer Dare To Be Stupid came out, two friends and I drove all over the state to see him 3 times. I got one really kickass picture of him while he was singing "One More Minute."

One More Minute and Happy Birthday are his best songs. I'd like to cover his Happy Birthday someday.
  16. SuperSonic!!!

Oct 26, 2005
    Amish Paradise is great.
  17. Yeah it is. I had no idea that that was a parody until a month ago.
  18. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA