Resolved Windows only?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by billbuhlman, Dec 18, 2014.

1. billbuhlman

billbuhlman Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    Hi,

I only get text on my screen when I go to talkbass.com with my Mac. I'v tried two different browsers and get the same thing. Works fine on my Windows PC...any ideas?

-Bill

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Try again now. I think I fixed the problem..

3. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA

4. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    Hi Paul,
    Its better but still missing stuff. My post above that I replied to you is from the Mac. I couldn't see my avatar or a window to post into or any text tools like I can on the PC.

5. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Hmm. What happens when you click on this: http://static.talkbass.com

6. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    This first page looks fine. If I click around still no images EXCEPT for ad images. I've attached a screen shot of what the "post reply" screen looks like

Attached Files:

7. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Sometimes deleting cookies helps...?

8. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    Thanks, I did try that again just now and it doesn't help. I am posting from Chrome on Win7 now but Chrome on the Mac loads as text with a few images. The forum links do work but....any update on supporting Mac's?

9. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    It's a matter of you not being able to download the .css and .js files from our content delivery network. Do you see my avatar if you click this link? :

https://static.talkbass.com/data/avatars/s/0/1.jpg?1398215555

Can you tell me about your network? Are your mac and windows machines on the same network? Are you at work or at home?

10. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    Thanks for getting back to me Paul. Yes I did see it and for whatever reason its working on the Mac right now. Actually the Mac and the PC are one machine, the PC is a virtual machine on the Mac using VMWare Fusion.

11. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    didnt answer your question though, it didnt matter if i was at home or work, either location I couldn't get images on the Mac. The same computer running the VM with Win7 worked fine

12. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    That's so weird. It must be a software issue. If you don't mind more questions... Do you have any firewall or virus protection or other thing installed in your mac os? How about in your browser? Is it a stock browser or customized with plugins?

Anyway, everything's fine now? How about javascript things like the forum dropdown menu?

Thanks!

13. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA

14. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    Hi Paul,
    Now we are back to no images. I've turned the FW off, CLAMAV off and also allowed 3rd party cookies, still no images. I am replying from the PC side and its fine. Browser is pretty standard except for Xfininty Go Stream Live and Google Chrome Cast

15. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    So now, when you load https://static.talkbass.com/data/avatars/s/0/1.jpg on the mac side, you don't see anything? If true, I wonder if there's some way we can troubleshoot... some sort of log somewhere? I'm really at a loss :crying:

16. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    I do see the image Paul...

17. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    And guess what? as soon as I clicked the static link, the forum looks normal now , with all images and pages look like the PC side. I'm posting from the Mac side now...

18. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
  19. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    You've stumped me. something in your Mac setup is refusing to load content from static.talkbass.com. And why your browser would be coaxed into behaving after downloading one image is beyond me.

How often do you have to download one image to get it to work? Every page load? Or once per session?

20. billbuhlman

Mar 6, 2003
    Antioch, Ca USA
    Just once per session. As soon as I click on the image and it opens a new browser tab with the image I can go back to the other browser tab and click on something else and all is fine.