Winter NAMM 2017 (ultra Pic-heavy)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wintremute, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Played a few of the Paul Lairat basses. Didn't get to try the MAS cabs.

2. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I am new to this thread but the guitar player in the band I am in ran the Tech 21 booth. PM me if you have any questions and I can get an answer for you...

Matthew_84 and wintremute like this.
  3. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    What do the Hammersmith J's cost?

4. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Shoot @MarkoYYZ a PM to get a quote, or go to their Facebook page and send a message that way.

bdplaid likes this.
  5. That's awesome! I'm jealous of people able to do that for a living...

Anyways, there are actually quite a few questions in the promo thread: Tech 21 Introduces the Geddy Lee Signature SansAmp: GED-2112

The Tech 21 rep has been tagged in the thread, so I'm hoping he will address them in the next couple days (after the jetlag and work from NAMM winds down), so I don't think it's really necessary to ask your guitarist, but if you want to, the main question is if the two preamp sections/outputs can be blended into one output to feed a single poweramp/cab within the GED-2112 itself (without the need of an external mixer).

There is a Blend knob, but based on my experience with their RPM and their GED-2112 literature, it seems to be a clean/distortion blend on the Drive Channel only (it doesn't bring the Deep Channel into the circuit). There was an idea to run the Deep Channel output into the Effects Return with 50/50 switch engaged, but I don't think you'll be able to get a true blend. Instead, every time you adjust the mix between the Dirty and Deep channels, you'll mess with the overall volume level.

Thanks!

6. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I texted him to call me but sometimes it takes him a while to respond...Hopefully he will have a quick answer for you!

Matthew_84 likes this.
  7. The Tech21 rep just started posting in the other thread so I suspect he'll answer the questions...

It seems they'll have a production model that will have these capabilities.

Thanks for helping though!

NKBassman likes this.
  8. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    No problem...Glad I could almost help!:p

Matthew_84 likes this.
  9. BostonJazz72

BostonJazz72 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Chicago
    Nice! Seems like you were pretty busy at NAMM. I heard the MAS cabs are great. Also, I was asking about the Lairat b/c one of those basses are from my order. It was the six string Stega in Olive top. I know Chris Bolte is big support of the instruments. Just wondering what you thought about the instrument. The design might not be for everyone but the sound should be great.

10. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    A lot of people have asked for this model and color. The day I see a S200 short scale bass I preorder it.

11. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    The Traynor YBA-1 is also a cousin.

12. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I ended up meeting a handful of players from TB and one that drove over 60 miles to my gig on Friday.
    Every TB-er that I meet were very cool.

This thread is the best.

13. Look at it this way Tony.. You are blessed!

TonyP- likes this.
  14. Antisyzygy

Antisyzygy

Dec 8, 2014
    Washington
    Your reasons are also my reasons for liking unlined boards.

I'd sit there and precisely move my fingers to the line and it wouldn't be in tune anyway. No fretlines seems like a handicap but it makes me use my ears and my muscle memory like you said. As it turns out my eyes aren't as good at least for fretless basses.

I wouldn't say I have perfect pitch or anything like that either.

Matthew_84 likes this.
  15. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I am 99
    I'm pretty fortunate and do not take it for granted...

wintremute and 99Z3 like this.
  16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I thought they were great. I'd definitely consider owning one.

Yeah, we had a pretty busy show... it was fun watching people get to hear them for the first time.

Passinwind and RichSnyder like this.
  17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Great seeing you there, Tony.

TonyP- likes this.
  18. Cool.. my mind says that i am still 18, just that my body at times more so don't seem to want to keep up!

19. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    You look pretty good for 99!

TonyP-, Novarocker and 99Z3 like this.
  20. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Thought he looked like he'd had 'work' done...:D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021