1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Winter NAMM 2019 (ultra Pic-heavy)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wintremute, Jan 24, 2019.

1. ardgedee

ardgedee

May 13, 2018
    This seems to be true of many major trade shows and conferences. The Consumer Electronics Show gets wall-to-wall media coverage. E3 (the big North American computer/video game show) is an immense media spectacle. The major auto shows in the US sell public-access tickets; people within the industry get their own admission tier and do their business in private suites. Even some of the food industry conferences end up getting time on TV. And because of this the exhibitors at all these shows have to do their best to make their pitches soundbite-ready and consumer-focused since these are frequently the first or only opportunities many companies have to get their products known to the public without expensive ad buys. I don't think this particular trend is going away.

BeeTL and Passinwind like this.
  2. PraiseBassing

PraiseBassing Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    California
    I for one would rather go to a trade show myself to find out about new products than to take a store owners word on an item they do not have in store. Too many people in all industries have their brand loyalty and their own preferences that skew their opinions.

Dan B, Rich48 and Remoman like this.
  3. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    I had a great DM chat with @chowny, and he was tremendously helpful. Thanks Stephen!

I also spoke with Ben Chafin of Chafin, Crackercaster, and Electra Guitars. Ben is local to me and was a wealth of information. He has been attending NAMM since his days at Dean's Custom Shop here in Tampa.

I think my plan is to exhibit at Summer NAMM 2019 and maybe go to Winter NAMM 2020 as an attendee.

I'm pretty excited to see how all of this will come together.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    redstrand, chowny, Passinwind and 5 others like this.
  4. Ivan R

Ivan R

Jun 8, 2012
    Were there any bass pedal synthesizers, like the Moog Taurus?

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Man, it looks like such a great time. I need to make it there one day.

wintremute and Passinwind like this.
  6. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    There may have been, but I didn't notice one.